March 29, 2010

{MarCH 29tH}

Dear Libby....
Now you are five...

IMG_2099

IMG_2100

IMG_2108

IMG_2150

IMG_2084

IMG_2032

IMG_1977

IMG_2131

IMG_1960
~Hawaii, March 29, 2010~
Libby, we love you so. Your joy spills over on us all! We laugh at you, because you say funny things all the time. You still use some "baby words", like "funcation" (vacation), "upcept" (except), "shittering" (shivering/chattering? ;) and "shloclate" (chocolate). But you are growing up; that is for sure. You are loving the violin (and now--- finally--- you are not afraid to play it for others!), ballet, playing kitchen and dress up (especially when you can be the prince rather than the princess!), riding in the back of Mommy's bike, playing with your friends, your brothers, your Daddy, and your new sister-in-law! You are thoughtful and careful with others' feelings most of the time. You love to talk about Jesus, and our Heavenly Father. You love pre-school, and your teacher. She tells us that you are very careful about your work, coloring just so, and writing with extra special care. You love to blow bubbles, dig in the dirt, color and draw, play with your stuffed animals, and you love your family. We know that you were sent to us by a miracle. Just as your big brothers were. Your brother JW is so in love with you. He looks out for you, and tells you how cute you are. Your brother James is so special to you... you talk about him and pray for him. He looks over you from Heaven... especially today, on the birthday that you share. Your brother Tanner misses you SO MUCH in Panama. He writes to you, and sends his love all of the time. And your brother Marshall can make you laugh so hard. He tells you how good you are at so many things. Your new sister, Jessi, helped you pick out a "sister star" to share. She teaches you poems, and you have "girlie time" (pedicures and manicures!) together. You have a big family of cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents who adore you. You are just everything that we could ever have dreamed of or hoped for in a little girl.
Happy Birthday Libby! Love, Mommy

10 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Libby! I can't believe how much she's grown! I love all the photos! Just precious!!

Hope your doing well!

Dawn said...

Oh how I have missed you and seeing pics of your Sweet Libby~ This looks like a wonderful relaxing warm place to spend a birthday....lucky little lady! xoxo

laurel said...

She sure is growing up! I love her hat! We miss you. Haven't seen you forever. Glad things are well.

Anna B. said...

Happy Birthday! Wow Libby...you are getting all grown up. Erin the pictures are just so cute of her and I love to hear all about Libby! I agree with Dawn, what a wonderful place to spend your birthday :)

Jboo said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Libby! Wow -- five years old already! She is truly an amazing girl, isn't she! Hope all is going well with the the family.

Janet

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to Libby!! She is so sweet and her smile is beautiful:)

Circe said...

We love Libby! I think she was Xanthe's very first friend, before any of us knew either one of them. Happy birthday!!

Eloise said...

Five! How can it be?! I hope Libby had the HAPPIEST of birthdays! Does that hat have her name written all over it or what?! Too cute.

3 Peanuts said...

Happy B-day to Libby. I have missed you SO much Erin!

Susan said...

I can hardly believe she is 5 now! These are the most darling pictures!