June 16, 2009

{We ARe ReaDY!}

DSC_4047

~Photo by Camilynne Photography~
Tuesday night, June 16, 2009:  Three years ago tomorrow,  we buried our  James.  It was such a mournful and awful day.  But still, I felt hope.  Hope that we would--- one fine day, be able to run to him, touch him, see his luminous smile again. This year, on the 3rd anniversary of James' funeral, Tanner will (we expect!)  receive a call to serve a two year  mission somewhere in the world.  I suppose that someone else is also looking for something to cling to in this life; hoping and believing that  there really is a Savior of the world. That life goes on after we die. That there really is another chance for mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters to be together. And Tanner is willing to give two years of his life to find that person. Wherever they are. Tanner is excited and brave and expectant tonight as he looks ahead to two years serving wherever he is called to serve.  Two years sharing what he knows.  That God lives, and that he answers our prayers. That he sends miracles, angels, and other people to help us.  And I think it is like a little fist bump from James to Tanner, that this call will come on a day when we really need hope.  We cannot wait!!! He has a blog, "Fishers of Men", where we will post the exciting news, and then letters, videos, and photos of his mission.  You can see it here.

10 comments:

Circe said...

Lump in my throat, tears in my eyes. That's why those boys serve missions...to find the people who are looking for the hope we have. Beautiful!

fleur de lis cottage said...

I am sorry for the grief and loss you've experienced. What a glorious reunion you will have in heaven.

I wish Tanner well in his mission work.

Thinking of you today.

Jboo said...

Oh Erin -- you and your family are such an inspiration to me! Best wishes to Tanner. I know you are so proud of him! What great sons you have.

Janet

Eloise said...

What a fabulous picture of Tanner! He is such a handsome young man.

I so admire the dedication and training of the members of your church who serve these two-year missions. I can hardly wait to hear where Tanner is going!

Kate said...

I have been away from blogland and the dear women I call friend too long. Thinking of all of you...and so touched by your post, your resolve, your courage...your love for your family and for perfect strangers that your dear Tanner is bound to touch in the next two years. I wish him peace, safety, joy and energy(!) on this very worthy endeavor...

~k.

Lucy said...

This brought me to tears. You were so sweet to leave me a message on my blog when I was pregnant and scared to death of losing another child. I always meant to come back to your blog and tell you how sorry I was too that you lost your beautiful son, I'm so sorry this is late. You really are an inspiration and you should be so proud to have raised such remarkable children! Best of luck to Tanner!
Lucy

laurel said...

How wonderful!!!! Sweet, sweet boy. We look forward to the news.

Also, we are having a BBQ at my house on July 10th for many adoption families. Including 2 from out of state that Tiff is good friends with. Do you know Julia and TEss and Lisa and Maise? I will let you know details later.

Laurel

Dawn said...

Erin~I have been thinking of you today and your sweet James...I know how much your heart aches for him...I am also anxiously waiting to hear where your Tanner is called to serve...I admire young men like Tanner who dedicate two years to help others find Hope~xoxo

Leslie said...

Could you be any more proud of your boys? They are all amazing young men, I am sure that James would be pleased as well. Great job mom and dad! Thinking of you today.

Jon T. Fischer said...

Erin,

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. I wish there was a way to help relieve your pain. Take comfort in knowing you have a special angel watching over your family. You have raised amazing children who are gracious, loving, kind, considerate and respectful.

I am happy to hear Tanner is going to Panama. Looking forward to reading your posts. Best wishes to Tanner on his mission. Thinking of you always.

Diana, Jon & Stefanie