June 10, 2009

A Scout is
trustworthy,
loyal,
helpful,
friendly,
courteous,
kind,
obedient,
cheerful,
thrifty,
brave,
clean,
and
reverent.


IMG_7766

IMG_7773 copy

IMG_7787 copy

IMG_7779 copy

IMG_7788


IMG_7913

IMG_7888

Marshall and 10 of his pals received their Eagle Scouts on June 2nd.  The ceremony was so meaningful!  Our scout troop offered a very special tribute to James ---"No One Left Behind", referring to the scripture "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)  I cried really hard!  Our friend Brandon (who died 5 years ago)  was also honored. Marshall is so blessed to be among so many great men and boys.  His life is filled with them. Marshall's project was to gather coats and supplies for a homeless shelter for families.  He was very affected by the time he spent there and by the people who live there.  Marshall, we love and admire you.  You are a true boy scout!

14 comments:

Deb said...

We just love this boy (young man) so much! That was a great night! Thanks for letting us be there....

Eloise said...

Congratulations to Marshall and to you!! What a wonderful achievement! I know well the time and dedication that goes into earning the Eagle Scout rank, and my hat is off to each of you.

The pictures of Marshall are FABULOUS. You really captured his sweet spirit and the twinkle in his eyes. Your pride and love in him really shine through your lens.

Hope your summer is off to a good start. Love to you and Libby.

Jboo said...

Congrats to Marshall on becoming an Eagle Scout -- that is quite an achievement! And congrats to you all on raising such a sweet and thoughtful son! He is such a cutie- great photos!

Janet

Elder Ostergar said...

I love this post Erin. I can now appreciate it more that I have boy scouts of my own and Dave (husband) has been the scout master for the last 2 years. You are a wonderful mom and your boys are amazing. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Marshall! I love the tribute the eagle scouts did for James and Brandon.

laurel said...

Yeah!!!! Way to go!

Dawn said...

Congratulations Marshall!! Oh Erin...I KNOW how proud you are of your boys..and what a wonderful tribute to James!! Hope you are enjoying the start of summer....One more week of school for us!!

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

How wonderful! I love the picture of the scouts and the flag! And that scripture in reference to James, so perfect. Thanks for sharing this!

Jill said...

Precious pics of such a handsome guy!!
Hugs, Jill

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Hi Erin,

I noticed you have Tanner's blog started, but didn't see where he was called? So exciting! Our son Spencer is in Mahattan Beach CA currently and loving it! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of a handsome boy! We are so proud of your scouting achievements and your goodness, Marshall. Love, Aunt Ruthanne, Uncle Scott & the Jackson crew!

Erin said...

Hey Dawn... We are expecting his call this week... it IS very exciting. We can hardly think of anything else!!!

Lucy said...

oh you must be so proud! what a remarkable young man! :)

Susan said...

you should be so incredibly proud.