May 8, 2009

{LiBBy & heR DaDDy SpEAk CHineSe!}

I am on a "video kick"!  Here is another one:

19 comments:

fleur de lis cottage said...

Good job Libby!

Jboo said...

So sweet!! What a great little counter.

Janet

Kim said...

That was so sweet!!

Casey said...

She's a little sweetheart!! And smart!

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Does your husband know Mandarin? His tones were great!
Is Libby going to Chinese school?
Best thing we ever decided to do was to send DD to Chinese school. She loves it and she feels such a part of her 'birth' community.
Love your blog. You are very artistic with your layout.

Erin said...

Dear Anonymous, My husband DOES speak fluent Mandarin. He lived in Taiwan for 2 years as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS). Libby hasn't yet started Chinese lessons, but I hope to put her in classes with a woman who lives right by our home. I would LOVE to have her speak fluently! As for my blog layout--- there is a link at the very bottom to Sadie Olive designs... she is the artist behind the layout. Thanks for your comments!

The 5 Bickies said...

Libby has such a sweet little voice. What a treasure to have this video.

Anonymous said...

That is really cute!

Eloise said...

I need to get out my thesaurus and find some new adjectives. All I can think of is "Wow!" "Amazing!" "The cutest thing ever" and I'm afraid my comments are sounding like a one-note song!

My favorite part was her hug to John at the end. I hadn't even realized she was sitting in his lap until then.

laurel said...

I think it is so awesome that daddy speaks her native language. What a special thing. She sounded great.

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Hi Erin, this was so adorable. We have begun our own journey of adoption! Your story and Dawn's have been so inspiring to me! I wish we had someone in our home that speaks Chinese, our son will come home from his mission speaking Spanish. I hear there are great resources in our community we can take advantage of, we are so excited!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh they are simply so cute!!!! I need to take more video.. it is priceless:)

The Kemps said...

What a special thing for John to be able to teach Libby chinese. She is darling and I loved that she was sitting on John's lap!!! It's easy to see the special bond that they have with eachother!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I posted a picture of your libby on my blog today. I ordered the same dress from our dear friend at charolte cottage. i hope you don't mind that I did this. She is just so cute in it. If this is offensive to you, I will be happy to remove the picture from the post. I just thought you should know. Respectfully, Hoots mom.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're okay with the photo. Yes we've had the name picked out for a year now. Libbie Lin... I found your blog through Kim at 3 peanuts. I can't tell you what a blessing it has been to read your blog. I've have laughed and cried all in the same read!

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Hi Erin,

Thanks so much for the comment and the support, I just got the news about Jon Huntsman! I am over the moon excited! I am sure Utah is all a buzz! What a miracle!

Olivia said...

Oh E...The recital video was so precious...It really made her look so grown up! She is just the cutest! You remind me that I should have my video camera out for more than just games and recitals. To hear her cute little voice will be priceless in no time at all!

SO CUTE...and GREAT pics of Boston! Loved the brick paved path!

LIV

Forever in my heart said...

Oh my gosh she is sooooooooo cute. I love her counting. It makes me want to cry. I have tried to get our little china girl(Lucy) to say something in chinese to me, but she just smiles.We still say a few things to her in chinese and she will respond.

Emily, Mom to Dawn and grammy to Lucy and the boys

Dawn said...

Oh how wonderful that your hubby speaks Mandarin....I am trying hard to find Lucy someone...she really doesn't need a class, just someone to have conversations with her to keep her talking...I LOVE this video!!

I saw my friend Dawn commented...it is so great that they live in our neighborhood so Lucy and Faith will be friends!!