I think it is finally here! We are beginning to thaw out. The grass is suddenly green, the evenings are balmy, and my morning run with my pal Jerrilee is positively heady! (And not just because I am winded most of the time from loafing around eating fast food being cooped up all winter) This morning we rounded the corner above our homes and saw a pheasant. We were so gobsmacked that we were both speechless. Then I hollered "Is that a WILD ANIMAL?!" And yes, yes it was! I am not proud of this, but we kind of chased it for a minute, just to see what it would do. My heart rate skyrocketed.
Yesterday we barbecued! My friend Tammy & I were at the market Saturday night (after seeing Mo's newest little guy!) and she divulged her secret recipe for steak marinade. Since I am a dreadful BBQ-er, I was all ears. Here it is:
~Steak Marinade~
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning
1 lb. steak
Marinate for 30 min-24 hours.
Her promise that "for some reason, meat doesn't burn when it is marinated" came true! We all loved it, and I told our family that it was "...a little BBQ miracle, because if Mo hadn't had her baby, and I hadn't been at the market with Tammy, we would not be eating this melt-in-your-mouth steak!" Then J.W. shared that Montreal Steak seasoning was all the rage in his mission (Canada, Montreal, french speaking) What planet have I been living on? I have decided that I need to learn to:
A. Take photos in manual settings
B. Use photoshop
C. Grill
D. Lots more stuff
I will get on it!


11 comments:
Gobsmacked...pheasant chasing...new babies...and BBQ...all in one post. Decorated with LOVELY pink tulips. Erin...if you can pull off that post (and you did with characteristic grand style)...I have no doubt you will conquer that list in no time!!!
I'e missed you!
Kate
Now see...those are ROSES, not tulips...I think I need to add flower identification to my list...
I just love the word gobsmacked. What a fun post and I can't wait to try the steak marinade. I have a "to do" list I need to get on...have a great week.
Oh Erin -- you are too funny -- can just about picture you chasing a pheasant!! Aaaack!! The steak marinade sounds yummy. Yay spring!
Janet
Hey, that could me my list too. Sadly, I need to add a TON more things to that list.
Sounds yummy!!! Can't wait to try it!
Happy Spring!!!!
love this post and miss my girlfriends!! spring is lovely.
I loved this post! I was so pleasantly entertained. Thanks for the recipe. And yesterday, our neighbor, during the broad daylight, had a fox sitting in her yard. Wow! I love spring too. Your words made my morning.
Don't you just love the feeling that spring brings? I love to walk outside in the morning and see the sun come up. Amazing photo, you are doing some great work!
I was so relieved that it was steak and not pheasant that you were barbequing (though I was going to be really impressed if you had CAUGHT the pheasant!).
The steak marinade sounds great. Maybe we'll cook out tonight!
Yeah Spring is finally here! I loved your pheasant run. Sounds like heaven. I also love your photography. Can't wait to barbeque...good luck with your list. Sounds like you are there:)
Post a Comment