March 28, 2009

{UpdaTe on LiBBy's SkuLL}

IMG_7171
~Libby in a teacup at Disneyland~

This week has been kind of crazy!  Tanner's birthday, a four day photoshop class (LOVED!)  here,  lot's of appointments and lessons, painting a friend's bedroom as a surprise for her with some girlfriends, and on top of that... Libby had an appointment to see the surgeon for a follow-up appointment to check her skull.  I was very anxious, as I had been told by our pediatrician that we should be open to the possibility that the surgery would need to be re-done.  The very thought of this makes my heart heavy with dread.  So I was so happy and relieved when her doctor gave me the all clear, even telling me that he needn't see her for two more years.  She won't even need a CT scan (something we had expected).  He said that her skull looks so good, and as it is 85% fully developed, the odds of having to re-do the surgery are very low.  I am so happy, and I guess I feel especially grateful to have good news come our way.  For a time, it felt as though I only expected bad news.  Now I have come to a point where I appreciate good news in a way I did not before, and I also appreciate that life changes... that happiness comes back after devastation and grief.  Tomorrow is Libby's and James'  birthday.  I love them both so much.  I have thought of my James constantly lately.  I will write more tomorrow.  But I do feel profoundly grateful for the lives of our children.  For being their mother.  I am so glad they were born.  So glad they are mine...

9 comments:

Kim said...

What awesome news on Libby! Love her eyes!

laurel said...

COngratulations on such great news!!! What a relief. I think news like that needs celebration. Happy early b-day to Libby and to James. I hope James' day is filled with peace and love! What a wonderful bond Libby will have with her brother because of this special day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Libby. Still so wonderful she shares her birthday with James. So glad about Libby's skull!!!

Deb said...

That's the best news ever! And you guys so deserve it. Have fun with all the birthday festivities....We will be thinking of James. We love you guys!

Lisa and Tate said...

Good news for Libby!!!

Good thoughts for you on these emotional birthdays.

Lisa

3 Peanuts said...

That is GREAT news about Libby's skull. I am sure their birthday is bittersweet. I am prayng for a joyful day for you, friend.

Hugs,
Kim

The Kemps said...

I'm thrilled! It's so hard going into an appointment not knowing what the outcome will be. I'm glad that she is doing so well. We were thinking about her and all of you on Sunday! We heard it was a special day. I'm glad you were able to watch some home movies. We love your family so much!!!

Jboo said...

What great news!! I'm sure you all so relieved. She looks simply adorable in that teacup -- is there any ride more fun than that at Disney??

Hope she has a wonderful birthday -sweet that she shares it with James.

Janet

Dawn said...

Erin WONDERFUL news..she is getting so big and her hair!!! I LOVE the piggies!