J.W. drew a comment, and the winner is....KATE ! Congratulations Kate! (I swear this has nothing to do with your post this morning. I hadn't read it until now!) Kate is a very lovely person, and I think anyone would love to get to know her! I will send your name/e-mail on to Angela, and ask her to please e-mail you. I can't wait to see Lia's silhouette! Thanks for all of the comments and questions. This will give me something to write about! (Plus, I am flattered ;)
Inspired by Nie Nie, I have revived my lifelong love affair with silhouettes. The photographs below, from an article in the January issue of Country Living, reminded me that I had some old Disneyland silhouettes of the boys from when they were young. I poked around my bedroom closet (spooky)... and found them. Then I searched online, using some of the sources in the article, and found this site. And also this site. Now I am bordering on an obsession. I found a profile photograph of James (meeting Libby the day we brought her home--- so cute), and took profiles of the rest of us, e-mailed them to the very talented
and they produced the most beautiful silhouettes of our entire family. They look exactly like us. Each likeness is uncanny. I LOVE THEM! (I will post them later) I am spinning with ideas! It is so fun to look through their site, and see all of the lovely, sentimental products. I mentioned to her that I would like to post photos of our silhouettes on my blog, and she graciously offered to give a FREE 8x10 silhouette (valued at $40.00!) to one lucky soul! All she needs is a profile of your beloved. You could even have one made of yourself to give your Valentine! Soooo..... in order to win, here's what you must do: Leave a comment with a question for me ( anything you'd like to know about me) before Wednesday morning (Jan. 28th) at 8:00 a.m. (Mountain time zone) I will have one of my children randomly choose a winner.
Good luck!
~Images from Country Living~












22 comments:
Oooohhh! I want to win. I too love silhouettes! I wasn't sure what you wanted our question to be about, but here's one for you: Did I win? (tee he he). :)
OOOHH I love these...I just found a silhouette of my husband from when he was a little boy, it is on my picture wall and i really wanted to do this with all of my kids! Did you have your family silhouettes done on paper or canvas??? I would love to have the canvas for my bedroom!
Ok, I am taking the bait. I found your blog through my sisters sister-in-law (Anna Bearden). I have come here to see whats up with your cute little daughter (and since it is your boys who are randomly picking) and your handsome sons. I happened to catch The Bachelor the other night...no I dont DVR it during FHE and then watch it while the kids are sleeping, and I saw that a few of the girls were wearing ball caps and t-shirts of some super cute silhouettes. It made me wonder if they are in honor of Nie or just makind a big time comeback. Did you also notice on Nie's newest post that the jacket she is wearing says something like "I (picture of silhouette) Mr. Nielson"? Someone somewhere is making them into clothes...I am going to find the source.
Neat! My mom had one done of my brother and I at Disney World when we were kids. Will have to go look at her house and see if she still has them.
Question..... hmmmm...... let's see.... Libby always looks darling. Where do you get most of her clothes?
Okay, here goes.....At what moment did you know that John was the one, the true love, the cat's meow, the forever family maker?
Have fun...I can't wait for the answer!
Count me in. I heart silhouettes. Next year I'm planning to do a Christmas tree with little framed silhouettes of my kiddos.
Oh, I would LOVE to win this! I hope you will post a picture of your family's silhouettes.
Here's my question: Did you grow up near where you live now and how many brothers and sisters did you have?
Erin,
First...how weird is it that I just bought my first subscription to Country Living...AND THE FIRST ONE CAME YESTERDAY....the very day you posted about it?????? I just love this magazine already and have gotten some great ideas about the small little laundry room I am trying to make-over!!!
So anyway...silhouettes....I think I love them too!!! I hope you do post pictures of your family silouetts...they sound wonderful!!
So I have a question for you!! I know you used to teach. And I know you pretty much love being a stay at home mom. But, hypothetically, IF you could re-enter the workforce and choose any job/position/career you wanted...what would it be???
And a bonus question...last spring you posted a list of your favorite things (maybe you have a link on your homepage...I will check!). It may have been the first time I read your blog even...and you had a source for topiaries...and also apothocary jars (well I am not sure that is what they are called) that you said you use all over your house. I so clearly remember all...but apparently forgot to book mark....can you point me in the right direction??? I am on a decorating mission it seems!!!
Thanks for being such an inspiration to me in all things, Erin!!!
Kate
Just saw some silhouettes on another blog and was thinking what a great idea! Can't wait to see yours.
Here's my question -- how do you manage meals (evening) with your boys and their work/school/ athletic schedules?? And what's your favorite easiest meal? Can you tell I'm having a difficult time with meal planning??
Have a great week!
Janet
Hi Erin,
I love checking in on cute Libby Mei! I have a question for you...do you know of anyone locally who sells Matilda Jane clothing? I'm loving those silhouette pendants!
Kim
Wow! What a great idea. I had never even thought that you could still do that. I figured technology and moved on without that great work of art. See you later today!
Erin,
I have been stalking your blog for about a year now. I've smiled many times here and cried many times here. I hope you don't mind. My question for you is how do you stay looking so young with a child in his 20's? It's sickening to the rest of us oldies! haha
Thanks,Kelly
what is the most rebellious thing you have ever done!!! i hope i win!!! i love these silhouettes! i can't wait to see the ones you post:)
So funny--I have a post almost just like this in my drafts. I had the kids silhouettes done just after Kate came home from China. The boys are okay but Kate's looks NOTHING like her at all!!!! I want to win:)
Kim
OOPs, I got so carried away that I forgot my question....How are you different as a Mom to Libby than you were with your older kids?
Kim
This is so sweet of you! I love your blog and your sweet family. Here is my question. Where do you get your decorating inspiration? Your home is so beautiful and always so beautifully decorated.
Keri
Erin, I love these. So creative and out of the ordinary. Who do you think you got the best parenting advice from?
I have always loved those and would love to have one made. Thanks for the opportunity to win one!
Erin,
Of course I am thrilled. Thank you so much...and thank you to J.W. too!!! Gosh...my house is going to really start looking like the home it's meant to be!!! This really made my day!!!
Thanks again...and I can't wait to see your answers to these questions!!
Best wishes....is it snowy in Utah??? We have a cold icy snow thing going on...not very pretty to say the least!!
Kate
This is a beautiful, thanks for posting, great ideas!
Oh man, see what happens when I get behind on reading blogs! I also love sihouette's! There just so classic. I have to agree with others, your home is just beautiful! Can't wait to hear some of your answers to the questions.
Congratulations to Kate!
I am so bummed! My interned was down for a week and I missed the giveaway. I love all of the questions and wanted to ask one of my own. Why is Kent your favorite brother?
I love the silhouettes and all of the ideas that are shown. I especially love the shoes that lady is wearing. Those are to die for!
Post a Comment