January 12, 2009

{iNTo A NeW YeAr}

Is it really January 12, 2009? We have been so busy! I haven't even posted photos of our Christmas parties yet! John William & Tanner started back at the U today... so the holidays are finally over--- the rousing late nights in our basement, the drums & ipods beating all day, the consumption of food in baffling amounts (& I am not just talking about the boys!), the ESPN marathons. It is not easy to wear out 13, 18, and 22 year old boys. Even my harping ("Dishes don't load themselves!", "What smells?", "Nobody's leaving/eating/watching T.V.--- until that laundry is put away!" ) didn't dim their exuberance about the holidays. But today is my birthday, so we will all celebrate together tonight at a restaurant. Libby & I had more photos taken (one of my favorites is below), and then I wrangled my whole entire extended family to a photo session two days after Christmas--- I will post them soon. I have lots to catch up on! (And many things to get ready for--- my calendar is bulging!) Happy New Year!
dsc_8186_std
~Photo by Camilynne~

12 comments:

Deb said...

Have a great birthday Erin! What a sweet picture, that Camilynne. She is the best ever. Can't wait for the pictures/updates to come.

Sheri said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope your celebration with your family tonight is great. Like you, I thoroughly enjoyed all the rousing late nights in our basement during the Christmas break. All the teenagers eating everything in sight, playing Rock Band and video games has turned into feverish studying for exams. Can't wait to see the family photos! Again, birthday wishes to you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Erin! Hope it was wonderful. That picture is cute!

Jboo said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful, busy and hectic holiday -- just the way it's supposed to be, right! What a great photo! Hope you had a happy birthday! Can't wait to see more photos of your sweet family.

And Happy New Year!
Janet

Dawn said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I love hearing about your family...cant wait to see more pics!!!

Kim said...

I too love a house full of activity! Sounds like everyone had a great time.

Happy birthday! I pray your year is filled with wonderful blessings spent with your beautiful family.

Looking forward to seeing those family photos!

alison said...

happy birthday erin!! i have been thinking about you:) have a wonderful celebration with your family. can't wait to see more pictures!! happy day.

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Birthday Erin. I cannot see the photo but I am sure it is adorable.

I laughed out loud at the "what smells?" I swear the playroom just smells like eau de BOY!

Hugs,
Kim

P.S. i miss your posts and look forward to more photos:)

laurel said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have an incredible day and year!!!! Love the photo of Libby. You have so many great ones!

Eloise said...

That will teach me to get behind on my blog reading...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry to be late with my greeting but hope you had a very special day.

The picture of Libby is beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest!

Happy New Year!

jennifer said...

Sounds like a great time with your family. I couldn't see the picture, but I'll try back later.

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Erin!!
I'd love to hear any "rumors" regarding a speed-up....I have pretty much lost hope on that one...and not just being faithless, I have my reasons.
Anyway, the ballet conditioning is a dvd, you can find it on Amazon.
And yes, we are definitely related!! :)
I hope you had a special day to celebrate your birthday!! ((hug))