Your 13 year old son walks in from his orthodontic appointment, and asks, "Mom, why are you so dressed up?" and you are wearing your 18 year old boy's outgrown shirt and a pair of frayed jeans.
Maybe he was referring to the pearls I was wearing... or the cute clogs. I am really losing it. Like, (I am not kidding when I say this) I thought I had three more weeks. In actuality, there are only two. So I suppose I am even less ready than I thought. John and I DID wander around the mall for a few hours with Libby today (My husband is a humble man---willing to be seen with a wife in teenage boy's clothing), all the while disagreeing on who was shopping for whom. I kept saying,"If we're looking for gifts for me, we really shouldn't be at a mall, since it is hard for me to find anything I like at malls. I thought we were looking for gifts for you. Is Marley and Me out yet? Maybe we should go to a movie". And so it went, until we left in defeat. My mother called for an update the other day, and I told her about wrangling no less than three trees home, only to find that I had misjudged the height of our ceilings by about 5 feet. John offered to trim them up, and I told him to "Just cut the one for the entry in half" He gave me the stink-eye, but complied. My mom asked if I had strung the lights on yet, and I responded, "Mom, maybe you've noticed; I have a very short attention span" She laughed just a bit too hard. Case in point: there isn't a single ornament on any of the three trees in our home. Coming soon...


15 comments:
Amen to all of this...I am glad I am not the only one that feels like this AND, by the way, my children and Corey for that matter are just amazed and shocked when I get ready and do my hair lately! I know the granny bun is getting old when every member of my family comments when I where my hair down and actually "do" it! Wearing Davis's old white shirt? Not such a bad idea?!
I feel rather disorganized and way behind lately too . . . you mean there's not 3 weeks until Christmas?? Yikes!!!
Janet
I love it! I'm with you on the short attention span. I only got the Christmas card out whose addresses were handy. The others...never going to happen. And we don't even have a tree! I'm going for small trees and giant poinsettias instead, and hoping my kids won't be too scarred. As long as we're enjoying the season, who cares?
Oh Erin...I am right there. Thanksgiving so late has thrown me for a loop...our tree sits withput lights...and I only have one! We haven't seen Santa yet, and the shopping??...not even close!
No wonder we connect so well, Erin! ALL of your post could apply to me! I'm forever walking into a room and discovering a half-completed task that I'd been distracted from sometime earlier. I return to that task and forget about what I'd come into the room for in the first place.
Merry Christmas!
Hey, pearls and cute clogs dress up any frayed jean hand-me-down white shirt outfit anyday!!!
What is this loss of attention and memory span going on??? I have been inflicted now for a few months. I am blaming this on global warming TOO!!!
Lisa
I am right there with you sister...although I was blaming mine of the big gas leaks we had. Now that they are fixed...I have nothing to blame my absentmindedness and disorganization on! Just sit back and enjoy that beautiful family of yours... that is all that matters:)
Hugs,
Kim
WHat a funny post! Sometimes it's just harder to get with the program than others. I'll bet you looked cute in those clothes!
Yeah...I am going down on that ship myself. Defeated by my house in general and resorting to all kinds of procrastinating behaviors (ahem...case in point...this comment and general blog perusing...)...but hey, if anyone can rock that look, you can, my friend!!! And you know, pearls most definitely dress up any ensemble. Fake it till you make it....fake it till you make it.
:-)
Wow, sounds like I was reading myself ;)
This season I just seem to be so - darn - slow!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend and can't wait to see those forthcoming photos.
Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers. Good luck with Christmas! You look good in anything:)
First of all, be happy you can wear your teen's clothes. I don't think my kids pants would go past the knees. I am too behind on the Christmas thing. I think a late Thanksgiving threw us all off!
Well at least you HAVE a tree!!! lol
We're hoping to find one tomorrow! :)
Listen, you could wear a potato sack and you'd be stunning....your husband is no dummy that's for sure!!
Sounds like we're all in the same boat. House half decorated, shopping half done, boys home from college asking when am I going to start baking cookies and a three year old demanding attention. No wonder I'm feeling overwhelmed, especially since you just told me I only have 2 weeks left!
I'm sure you looked great in your sons shirt and those cute clogs! You'd be beautiful in anything!
I bet you looked darling in Tanner's old shirt! Life goes by too fast...especially this month!
Post a Comment