December 16, 2008

{ViOLiN CoNCerT}

Libby played in a violin concert at a retirement home. She was sooo cute, and just loved being part of this special group of children!
IMG_6580
Here she is with Madison, right before the performance.

IMG_6587
When they first began to play, she was quite serious!
She does look awfully small up there!

IMG_6590

IMG_6594


IMG_6596


IMG_6597


IMG_6600
That little violin just makes me swoon! I love watching her learn to do something so difficult. She is progressing so well, though practicing is a challenge, as it often degenerates into silliness. Her friend Xanthe, who spent her first year of life with Libby in YiYang CWI, also plays the violin (as do Xanthe's sisters and her mother, Circe!) and I have fond dreams of them playing together someday.


IMG_6610
In the middle of the program, the littlest children took part in the nativity...
Libby was very happy that she got to be an angel.
I didn't get a picture of her "flapping her wings", but she certainly got into character.

IMG_6605


IMG_6609


IMG_6614


IMG_6613
She really is an angel...
I feel so blessed to be her mother. I hope her violin will bring her happiness.
That she will seek comfort and joy in it. Her teacher,
Mrs. Parker, has told her that she "has music in her heart"... well said!
She does have music in her heart!

15 comments:

Eloise said...

Erin, those are the sweetest, dearest pictures! Libby is no doubt the cutest violin-playing angel ever. I am sure that she melted the hearts of everyone in that retirement village!

Her skirt is gorgeous. Does it come in my size? :)

Merry Christmas!

Kate said...

She is an angel...with wings or witout....

Erin, these pictures are so adorable...she looks like quite the musician!!! It truly must have been a magical evening!!

Hope you are enjoying this magical time....

Kate

Carrie said...

What a great day! It is so fun seeing Libby with that tiny violin but even more fun hearing about it through you! Libby is blessed to have you as her mother!

Circe said...

What a beautiful recital! Xanthe is going to have to practice a lot if she wants to keep up with Libby! She is verrrry silly at her lessons, and when I practice with her, she says, "What you doing? You not Brianna!" ( her teacher) But it's so cute!!

Dawn said...

Erin these pictures are so precious...I had been wondering if Libby continued with her violin, and I was so excited to see she did!! She truly is an angel...and you are so blessed~

Jboo said...

Oh my gosh Erin!! Those are the sweetest pictures ever! Libby looks quite serious and so adorable on the stage with her little violin. Music in her heart -- that is so precious.

Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!

Janet

laurel said...

That is the sweetest thing I have seen. What an angel...truly.!

Casey said...

How sweet!! She is so tiny up there!! Love the angel costume too!

Kim said...

Oh my, I've been wondering how Libby's violin lessons have been going. These photos are just precious! Libby is the cutest little violin player I've ever seen. A very special angel to your family!

Anonymous said...

Libby is an angel! She looks so little and brave up there playing with all of the older kids. Congrats to Libby:)

Susan said...

Oh the only thing better would have been a video to hear her play!!! :) *HINT HINT*

Susan said...

She looks so cute at her concert! I can't believe ahe is old enough to do that.

Kim said...

oh my, she has got to be the cutest thing I have ever seen! Can't wait for Libby and Sophie to meet one of these days!
Merry Christmas!
Kim
www.littlethingsilove.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Erin...just wanted to stop in and wish you and your precious family a very Merry Christmas!

3 Peanuts said...

Love your little angel--so so cute. And I love her skirt too! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Kim