"If there is ever a tomorrow
when we are not together
there is something you must always remember:
you are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem
there is something you must always remember:
you are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem
and smarter than you think,
but most important of all,
even if we are apart,
I'll always be with you"
but most important of all,
even if we are apart,
I'll always be with you"


17 comments:
This made me cry. What a beautiful sentiment and how treasured an artwork from your precious James. He is not here with you in person, but indeed he is never far.
Oh Erin what a treasure...I know how important all those things are to my mom as well. How wonderful to know you will be together again, but for now he is held tightly in your heart~
I am certain that those little works of art by James are incredibly precious to you now. Sometimes....so many things come home from school with each child that it is hard to decide how much to keep and what to eventually toss. You really made me realize how important each and every work of art they make is important. Your angel James is watching you all.
Kim
I'm crying, too. What a gift James' childhood artwork is! My husband always teases me about saving so much of the kids' stuff, but I'm so glad I do.
I've been feeling a bit sad since yesterday when we found out my James needs to have surgery on his elbow. He's an athletic kid who loves basketball, and especially baseball, and now he won't be playing either this year. Coming here to your blog today gave me a reality check and helped me to put things into perspective.
Thanks for sharing about your precious family -- even the difficult things. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers this holiday season.
That is heartwrenching and comforting all at the same time. I love James' beautiful work of art.
What a lovely post and a lovely piece of art. I am reminded of the poem "Footprints in the Sand" since there is just one hand, one foot and one angel.
Now not only is your son carried by God, but his life and art carry you. Much peace, Casey
What a treasured piece of artwork...an angel then, but even more so now.
so sweet! Your family is precious!
Such a beautiful and lovely thought and what a treasure from your "little" boy. Isn't it miraculous the things that touch your heart that you might have once taken for granted?
Lots of hugs,
Anna
Erin this is so sweet! It made me cry, what a precious thing to have from an amazing boy!
wrapping my arms around you. Thank you for sharing this.
this puts a whole new meaning on the sweet little treasures the kids bring home from school. so sweet and very touching. thanks for this sweet post Erin.
What a wonderful treasure. I am so glad you kept that. It made we feel so good that I have a huge box with the items my kids have made over the years. What a precious gift of remembrance.
That is so sweet -- those handmade items are so cherished. The sentiment is just perfect, isn't it -- he's always with you and your family.
That is precious. What a treasure.
Treasure that handprint and your memories of him.
That is a beautiful quote! Thanks for allowing others to see your heart though James' artwork.
Post a Comment