December 25, 2008

{CHriSTmaS 2oo8...DecKinG ThE HaLLs}

IMG_6747


IMG_6740


IMG_6770


IMG_6769


IMG_6768


IMG_6761


IMG_6745


IMG_6752


IMG_6754


IMG_6755


IMG_6757


IMG_6758


IMG_6786


IMG_6781


IMG_6779


IMG_6763


IMG_6766


IMG_6777


IMG_6764



IMG_6767

IMG_6759


IMG_6863


IMG_6869


IMG_6864

I love the abundance of Christmas. It seems that a forest springs up inside the house!
I have used the same decorations for years... and now they feel like old friends.They are simple & natural, which is the way we like it. (Though next year, I have plans for some new and different things!) Our first Christmas without James (2006), our friends gave us a very special tree in his honor. I will post pictures of it soon. It is a cherished part of our Christmas. And hopefully, I can sort through the photos of Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, our parties and other fun events... maybe by Valentine's Day!

21 comments:

Eloise said...

Your house and your Christmas decorations are just as exquisite as I would have guessed! Everything is so beautiful. That snow - wow!

And, yes, I am completely wiped out after Christmas! That's why it's taken me four days to post on my blog. I have done nothing - am still putting away dishes from Christmas Eve!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures of Christmas Day.

Jboo said...

Oh my Erin!! Your house and decorations are incredibly lovely! You do have the touch, don't you and it looks like you had some beautiful snow too.

Hope your holidays are going well -- I'm sure it's difficult without your beloved James. Take care.
Janet

Lori said...

Merry Christmas Erin to your beautiful family! I just went through all your pictures in Flickr and made several "favorites". :)
You sure did kick it into high gear once you got going....everything is just beautiful! Love the deep reds and fresh greens and it's all so cozy!
Blessings to you in the New Year!

The 5 Bickies said...

Your decorations are so beautiful! I was trying to make all the pictures bigger so I could see every detail. I love the touch of brown, the fresh greens, and the paper whites. It's all so lovely!

Thanks for taking the time to share your lovely home.

Kim said...

Erin,

I've been thinking of you and your family during this Christmas season. I pray you have peace in your hearts.

Your Christmas decorating and home are just beautiful. You can come over and decorate for me anytime!

Sending Christmas blessings your way.

Kate said...

Breathtaking Erin!!! Lovely! I am sitting here at my prents home thinking of that parchmaent color I picked out for the wall paint at my house...and looking at the color of yoru walls...and hoping I didn't make a mistake. I am going fairly dark for the wood floors...so I thought a lighter color on the walls. I am insane. I must be insane. I have wall color envy. Where do I get help for that??? Maybe in a taupe color padded room perhaps???

But I digress (darn that adult onset ADHD!)....your home is dreamy...just as I would suspect. I wish you the happiest of New Years!!!

Kate

Susan said...

Beautiful!

laurel said...

Looks so beautiful! I hope you had a wonderful celebration. It must been hard without James, yet there must be moments of joy as you celebrate the Savior who makes it possible to have James again. You are a wonderful woman.

Deb said...

Erin: So beautiful, just like you! I hope your season has been joyous! We love you all and miss you!

Casey said...

Very beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

That does look beautiful. I can almost smell the forest and the spices! Hope you had a great Christmas:)

fleur de lis cottage said...

Absolutely love your Christmas decor. I love the natural greens and the shots with the snow...WoW!

Cyndi said...

Just beautiful! I love your Christmas decorations. I feel they do become old friends after a while. Hope 2009 is great!

Dawn said...

Erin,

Your decorations look so beautiful...I love all the green! I really wish I would have ordered the pinecones when you posted about them awhile back, I will for sure now, they look fabulous on your mantle.

Cheers to a very Happy New Year!

3 Peanuts said...

Beautiful!!! Every last bit of it. I love your style.

Happy New Year!

Kim

3 Peanuts said...

P.S> Paperwhites are my favorite Chrsitmas flower.

Eliza2006 said...

Well, everything is beautiful and it makes me a bit sad that I bought an ugly fake tree! I love all of your 'real' decorations! Very Beautiful! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and a happy New Year!

Leslie said...

Oh Erin your home is gorgeous, we have the same taste in decorating,I love the fresh greens! I am back to blogging for a bit and had to stop by and say hello. Happy New Year.

The Kemps said...

Your Christmas decorations are gorgeous!!! I love everything. The pictures you took of the snow are fabulous!

Susan said...

Beautiful Christmas you have at your house! You love taking picture, don't you? You have a talent.

Rhonda said...

Gorgeous! Post more!