Here are a few proofs from our recent family photo shoot. There are so many more that I love as much as these. My favorite photographer in the whole world only comes into town a few times a year, so I was happy to get a spot! It was hard to be photographed as a family without our James. And of course when I look at these, I am acutely aware as always, that he is missing. It was pouring rain, but you'd never know it. I think my guys look so handsome. I love these pictures. I love my family...
And that adorable violin!
We took James' beautiful shoes, cast in bronze, an idea that my loving friend Carrie invented, and then found a sculptor who would attempt the process. Many of the photographs have the shoes in them. This picture will be great for the children to take with them.
There are so many photographs, and so many possibilities of textures and tones, it will be hard to choose!














24 comments:
rEALLY, REALLY BEAUTIFUL!!
Those pictures are incredible!! You look so beautiful and vibrant, your boys and your husband so handsome, and that Libby - could she be any cuter?! I loved the in that first one of the whole family how she shot it at an angle - very effective. Also love the one of Libby with her violin, of the boys with Libby and you with Libby. The bronze shoes are lovely, by the way. What a fine idea and a nice tribute to James. He is still with you in those pictures, Erin - he's such a special part of each one of you, how could he not be there?
PS Tell your son that the vest looks quite dapper!
So beautiful...I love them all, but one of my favs is the boys and Libby in "real life". I adore the picture of you and Libby facing each other too...Oh and James' shoes, what a wonderful tribute!! How are you going to choose???
Oh my. When I see photogrpahs like these...I am so in awe. They are stunning. Stunning. As I was gazing upon the lovliness, I was thinking that it must be all a bit bittersweet...and then I read about the shoes...and Erin...that made me cry. What a wonderful way to remember your sweet James who was no doubt smiling down upon you all this day.
Lovely. Every one.
Kate
They are beautiful! Very beautiful.
These pictures are absolutely breathtaking!! Each one is special in it's own way. Your boys are so handsome, and Libby is just the cutest thing ever. :) You're just going to have to get one of each picture!
Good luck choosing...All of them turned out so amazing! I love them all.
They are so lovely!!!! Really, I can't imagine how you are going to choose if this is just a sample of all of the fantastic shots.
OH wow these are great pictures. I love Libby's suit and I love the one when she is laughin at her brothers and they are laughing back. I also love the ones with you and Libby in the window.
The family pictures are beautiful. We had ours done in August and I haven't ordered any yet because I can't chose either!
These pictures are amazing! Everyone looks so good. I love the picture of James' shoes, it made me cry! We love you all!!!
Oh Erin, these photos are awesome! I love them all especially the one's of Libby and you looking at each other. Even though James may not be in the picutes I still see him because he lives in all of your hearts and it's so visible!
What a beautiful family!
Whoa nellie! I am drooling! So beautiful! You have such a great sense of style Erin! Love that violin, makes me want to break out Myahs! I love taking the "natural" shots of families, you see the true personalities I think. You should see the lame attmept I made at setting my camera on a tripod a few weeks ago for a picture! So funny but I was desperate! You are a lucky lady to have such gorgeous pictures of your loved ones. Love the shoes, what a precious treasure.
Wow!! What beautiful photos!! You have the sweetest family -- your boys and Hub are so handsome. I'm sure you can feel your son's presence there with all of you. Libby and her violin are so precious and the ones with you and her -- very touching and sweet! They are wonderful!
Janet
I think this photographer had an easy assignment here! What a beautiful family! I know you will treasure these for many years to come.
I'm Lyssa neighbor and friend. We have met several times and as a fellow blogger I had to come over for a visit. Your family pictures are beautiful. I am sure you are and will always miss James. I know alot of people are. I miss the potential encounters I would have had with him over my time spent with your family.
I only know Circe through the blogging world. For some reason, early on in my blogging, I made some fun connections with a bunch of those girls who all grew-up together.
These are all so gorgeous!!!
just gorgeous!
thanks for sharing...
k-
These are beautiful! What a beautiful family. You have very handsome sons and Libby looks so cute in her suit jacket.
So lovely!
These pics are really, really great! What a beautiful family...every last one of you!
Simply beautiful!
They are all gorgeous. You are a beautiful (inside and out) family and it shows. I LOVE the mother daughter ones the best. They show SO much love.
Kim
Post a Comment