September 18, 2008

{TrY ThiS at Home...}

I am addicted to Flickr! If you love to photograph the people you love, give it a look. A few people asked me if I took the "Bookish" photos of Libby myself. I did indeed! Here is where I got the idea:

Click on this link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22384906@N04/favorites/

then click on any photo (I have more than one page of favorites). Go to that person's "Photostream". Peruse their pictures & click on their "Favorites" (above the photo). If you set up a Flickr account (either free, or an upgraded "Pro Account"), you can save your favorite photos from anyone's photostream, as I have done. You just click on "Add to Faves" above the photo. It is a motherlode of ideas for angles, clothes, props, settings, etc. If you pull up a photo, and look at "More Properties" on the right (some photog's don't make this public, but most do), you can even see what camera, lense, and editing program that photographer used. It is soooo fun! Have at it. Let me know what you think. And leave me a link to any photo sites you love. I'd be much obliged.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks, You have told me about this but I haven't sat down and "played". I have never gotten into flicker but I can see how it would be so fun to dive into. So fun!

love.boxes said...

Your photos of your darling daughter are so sweet. :)

Elder Cook said...

I will for sure be trying this. I followed your journey to Libby on the other website as we to used that same site for our journey. I also found your blog through Circe's we grew up together and live close. Your family is beautiful.

Jboo said...

Thanks for the info! I am going to check it out -- maybe on the weekend, I'll have some time to look at it. Love your photos!

Janet

Lori said...

Hi Erin! I love Flickr too! I snagged some of your favorites! :) I have 42 pages of favorites....and they all take my breath away! lol There are just so many amazing photos/photographers out there and I just love looking at all the beautiful photos! I get a lot of ideas from them too! Thanks for sharing your tips!

Kate said...

Thanks for this advice Erin! I need to spend more time on Flickr than I do....SUCH inspiration!

I just got permission to shoot my niece (visiting from NH) and Lia in a formal graden that is near here tomorrow morning. I was there for a photography class last week and fell in love with it...it is like Verseilles!! Anyway...there are big stone walls with wido cutouts and I got the best idea from looking at your flickr favorites that I am shamelessly going to try toomorrow....SO. Excited!!!!!!!

Happy weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I am always planning on organizing our photos and it never happens. Maybe this will be the jump start!

laurel said...

Thanks! I am so excited for this info!!! I am going to take a look.

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

love the pics, what kind of camera do you use?