September 23, 2008

{NaNTuCKeT}


A holiday with friends in Cape Cod! These women are such wonderful friends to me. I love them so much! Nine of us have left our children with our husbands, and are having the most wonderful week together. First we went to Nantucket for a day...




IMG_5935

Five of us flew into Nantucket
Memorial Airport (the others took the ferry)...




IMG_5930











IMG_6019


~One of the many charming houses~





IMG_5953

~The flowers seem to spring up everywhere~



IMG_5946









IMG_5954






IMG_5950


~The beautiful cemetary~




IMG_5990









IMG_5956


~Look, John! I found a gift for you!~



IMG_5959





IMG_5961



IMG_5963




IMG_5962


~A special gift for Libby Mei!~



IMG_5980






IMG_5955

~Nantucket lightship baskets~



IMG_5941




IMG_5939




IMG_5942




IMG_6032
~The shop where we rented scooters~



IMG_5964

~Carrie, Kerri, Julie, & I~




IMG_6027
~Kerri & I... we could not stop laughing!


IMG_6010
These cobblestone streets were very tricky to navigate scooters on... at one point, a large group of people were watching us, and laughing so hard. One woman yelled, "Girls gone wild in Nantucket!"




IMG_5968




IMG_5977
~Brant Point Lighthouse~
A beautiful, unforgettable day!

23 comments:

Kate said...

Lovely photos....beautiful!!! I am so gald you are having a great time...and laughing!!! Your pictures make me feel like I am there!!

Have fun!!!!


Kate

jennifer said...

That is hysterical! Looks like you are all having a blast. Enjoy!!

Shari U said...

Oh, it looks so beautiful! I'm so glad you're having such a wonderful time with your friends!

Kim said...

What great photos! You ladies are having WAY to much fun!

Aren't girlfriend trips the best?!

Jboo said...

Oh my -- what lovely photos!! The hatboxes are nearly as adorable as the hats! Can't wait to see what you got for Libby Mei! It looks like you are having a fabulous time with your friends! Enjoy your break!

Janet

alison said...

Wow! Looks like my kind of get away. Loved seeing how you captured the trip through pictures. . . especially loved seeing all you cute girls. miss you.

Lisa and Tate said...

So much fun!!! Nantucket was one of the places I tried to go when visiting the Cape. Still want to head there some day.

Love the pictures.

Lori said...

Oh girl, you're speaking to my heart! I'm so glad you're all having a blast!! Those cobblestones are beautiful, but sure make an interesting bike ride! lol
Erin, your pictures are all just beautiful!! ENJOY!!! Wish I was there so bad!! :D

Anna B. said...

Oh it just looks so beautiful and so much fun! So glad you are having a fun week with girlfriends. True girlfriends are priceless, for sure.

Circe said...

So everything in Nantucket really does look that beatiful. I thought it was only in movies! Have a great time!

Susan said...

Oh so yummy!!! Keep those BEAUTIFUL!! Pictures coming!!! Enjoy every moment!

3 Peanuts said...

Erin,

First of all...your photography is beautiful! Secondly, I am incredibly envious of your girls trip. I could SO use that right now!!!! You all look like you are having the BEST time. Enjoy every minute:) tell Carrie "hi"

Kim

Sister~Mom said...

IT'S SO PRETTY! HOW FUN!

laurel said...

HOw fun! I am jealous in every sense of the word. Beautiful photos.

The Kemps said...

What a fun girls trip. I LOVE all your pictures...creative and beautiful. I can't wait to see more!

Sheri said...

What beautiful photos! Looks like you girls had a great time. What a wonderful blessing to have a great group of girlfriends.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great trip and I loved the pictures. That is so wonderful to have a group of close friends to share a vacation like that with:)

Eloise said...

Oh, Erin, what a fun group of friends you have and what a wonderful venue for a girls' getaway! I am so happy for you to have this opportunity. I bet John and Libby and her brothers are having their own fun back home too.

Can't wait to see more pictures. Have a great time!

Melanie said...

Ahhh, Nantucket! I heart Nantucket!
What a fun vacation! I love Peter Beaton...as you probably know, and think that every girl should have one of Darci's hats. They are such a treasure. I used to carry her line in my boutique and when I found out we were getting Annabelle I took a hat home just for her... and also one for myself. Oh, and Leslie, and an extra one just because and a beach tote, some extra ribbon. Wow...Thank Goodness I owned the store:)
Anyway, what a lovely time you all must have had.
So glad to be back and catching up...finally!

Susan said...

That looks so fun! Wow, what great pictures! You work wonders with a camera!

Elder Cook said...

Wow how fun to get away with girlfriends! You all look like you are having a great time. The scenery is fabulous. Did you all do some serious shopping?

Ronda said...

Absolutey stunning and beautiful.

Looks like you are having a blast with your friends-gotta love the girlfriend get-a-ways.

Hillcrest Acres said...

It all looks so beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photos. I would so love to vacation there sometime.