Libby Mei has started violin lessons! She has the tiniest violin (1/32 size), and she is truly smitten with it! Her first lesson was yesterday. She will be taking the Suzuki method, which is geared toward very young children, and relies on listening to the violin as a new language, or the "mother tongue". As the video below shows, she was a bit "timid" (it just cracks me up! )--- but as soon as we got into the car afterward, she was so animated, re-living every moment! Her teacher is so patient and loving. Libby was very nervous , and thus the bow dropping. Her teacher is a pro though, and also a mother of six. She is very good at encouraging Libby, and by the end of the lesson, she had Libby gamely trying everything she suggested. I think the two of them will make a great team! I think this video is especially funny since this is not a side of Libby that we often see ;) It is a dream come true to watch her holding her little violin. She is so cute!
~Libby in front of her teacher's house~
~Libby's first violin lesson!~


23 comments:
The violin is so little! Libby looks like she is not having anything to do with bowing or bow hands! Maybe next lesson. It was really fun to see you yesterday. It is so good to get the girls together:)
Oh Erin this video cracks me up! I have not seen anything cuter than that little violin...so sweet!
That really is so cute! It was great to see you last night!
Tiffany
Oh that is cracking me up! She is so adorable! That is totally how Myah acts when she is asked to be cooperative.
My parents actually bought all the little girls tiny violins last year for Christmas. I have it tucked away for now. You will have to let me know how it goes, and if it is worth giving it a try. Glad to see you again, I have missed you!
Wow! I am amazed. She is so cute. It was great to see you again.
Erin,
Libby is just darling...and how cute is that little violin??? Seriously...we must think along the same lines...the week befroe we left for vacation, I was researching Suzuki violin options for Lia!!!!
I am so glad Libby was so excited about her lesson...it is SOOO gratifying to find something they love to do!!! I can't wait to see more of Libby and her violin!!!
Oh Erin,
What a crack up! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen...I had no idea they made such teenie, tiny violins :) My husband has always hoped that Sophie Mei would play the violin. Gotta get that little one home first :)
Still waiting for LOA,
Kim
I love waiting for your posts!
what happened to your pretty header on your blog??
k-
Oh my goodness, it can't get any cuter than this! Libby is just adorable.
Glad to see your post, I've been thinking a lot about you.
This video is exactly why my kids start playing early. It's adorable!! Xanthe has her first official violin lesson next week. Did you get your violin from Charles Liu? He's a good friend of mine. My phone # is 726-8685...I don't know if you already had it, but give me a call. I'd love to talk fiddles. :)
Kasey... I lost my header (along with all of my original photos), when I deleted my picasa web folders... I am pretty depressed about it, but I am planning to have it redone, and to reload my photos. I just want to figure out how to resize my photos before I put them back into the posts. It might take awhile ;)
Years ago before Libby came home to your family I remember you dreaming about this day. I remember you telling me how you knew that your daughter would play the violin and be all things girl! Your dreams have truly come true! That is the smallest violin I have ever seen...it matches Libby's little tiny body! Love it!
Oh Erin, she is just darling standing there with her tiny violin!!
Dropping the bow is SO FUNNY!!!
What a kind and loving and patient teacher she has, I'm sure she'll be showing her enthusiasm before long and one day will play beautifully!!
Libby is just darling holding that tiny little violin! With such a wonderful teacher, she's sure to be playing like a pro in no time. Sarah gets quite just like Libby did in the video whenever she encounters anyone new. Hope you are having a great summer.
She is cracking me up! I am glad to know that my daughters are not the only ones that are a little shy. She is adorable!
My parents bought the girls violins for Christmas and I have actually been looking into lessons. I hope the teacher is as sweet as Libby's.
By the way...the Peter Beaton children's hats are too cute. I actually used to sell the hats in my store and kept one of the little ones when we adopted Annabelle. The "Big Girl" ones are also fabulous. She used to make them with pink woven underbrims but I don't see them on her site. They are beautiful and You and Libby would look beautiful in them!
She looks so sweet with that little violin!!
Janet
She did almost just what Anna would have done, except Anna would have been screaming and holding on to me.
That was the funniest thing I have ever seen. It reminded me of when Eliza went to ballet class when she was two, and every time when she got home Kent asked her how class was and she said, " I doofed off!" Libby will be a pro in no time, although I'm afraid Eliza never grew out of her "doofing off"!
-Heather
How precious!! She looks so proud holding her own little violin. I cracked up at her first lesson! What a sweetie.
So cute! When she's a pro you'll have to get this video out to show her!
Libby is precious. I think the violin is a wonderful instrument for children to learn. I bet she will be playing very quickly.
Just Adorable!!
Kim
Oh my gosh-that is the cutest thing...you will have to post another lesson when she does talk and bow. Good luck-I hear the Suzuki method is the best. Have fun in McCall, ID...can't wait to see pictures.
Awww...Little Miss Libby looks so cute outside posing with her violin (and new earrings?) but she looks awfully shy in the video. That teacher seems incredibly patient and enthusiastic though. I hope Libby warms p to her and the lessons. Please let us know:)
Kim
Post a Comment