~Updated to add last photo below~
We have just returned from two weeks in the sun, dirt, and water! Our first stop was Lake Powell... where the boys waterskiied,ate, kneeboarded, surfed, ate, wakeboarded, tubed, ate, and of course... "showed their guns"!
Sweet Libby Mei
I loved the glassy water... the only way I will ever waterski! (John got so desperate to get me to ski again, that he offered me a vacation and a spa day... but I was too sore--- plus I know that he is game for a vacation any time!;)
J.W. has not skiied for two years, since before his mission... so he was in heaven (though he hurt his back before we left, when he was practicing karate moves by himself in the basement, and did a "banana peel" slip, landing on the floor. He was a bit sore!) Still, it was great to watch him in action again.
Marshall is always so fun to watch!
And Tanner tried every move he could think of!
John was so relaxed and happy to be outside... he is a beautiful, graceful skier!
Libby even got to try the tube... very slowly, with her ever-watchful brothers holding on to her!
John in a shirt from a memorial run that the track team held for James last year... I love this photo!
We had a wonderful time. We stopped at Grandpa John & Granda Carolyn's house in St. George for a few days too... but I regrettably took NO photos. They are always so loving and fun, and we were so happy to spend time with them. We were home for two days, then J.W. headed to Bear Lake with friends, John and Tanner stayed home to work (and bike, and golf, and go to movies), & I took Marshall and Libby to McCall Lake in Idaho... to our dear friends Tammy & Joe's cabin... where we spent a week with 32 kids and 8 moms boating, wave-running, dancing, playing on the shore, and laughing like crazy! I have loads of pictures to sort through... so cute! We have had such a fun July so far... though I came home to what looks to be a fraternity house!
Tanner, Marshall, J.W., & James
~This photo was taken at Lake Powell on July 1, 2002~

























19 comments:
What a great summer. It looks like the whole family had a wonderful time at Lake Powell. McCall Lake sounds like a riot! Libby is growing up:)
What a GREAT vacation!! The photos are awesome. They really capture the fun you all had. So glad you're having a good summer.
What GREAT photos! So glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation. Your photos certainly captured the fun. The boys showing their guns just cracked me up. I guess it's because that's what my son's are always doing.
I love the pictures! In the close-up of you with Libby you look more like your Dad than ever! How wonderful to have this glimpse into your fun adventure. Lake Powell holds some of my favorite family memories. Thanks, Mom
So glad you had such a fun and relaxing time away with your family. The pictures are lovely...they perfectly capture your time at the lake.
I have to tell you that I had serious Lbby Mei withdrawals and was thrilled to see your post tonight. I may have been blog stalking...in my co-dependent, but perfectly harmless way of course (:-)).
But enough about my anxiety....I'm glad you're back in posting mode and even happier that it is on the other side of some wonderful memories!!
Kate
How Fun!!!
Loved spending time with you last week. Can't wait to see the pics:) These Powell pictures are priceless.
AMAZING pictures...I just love the "gun show" picture, so typical of my house! And, Libby, such a brave big girl on the tube!! I have always wanted to go to Lake Powell (my oldest son's name), it looks amazing.
Your trip to Idaho sounds like a wonderful time as well...cant wait to see the pictures!!
Glad your back...missed you!!
Hugs
Erin I love these pictures. OK, another blog lesson on how to put the pictures side by side. I love it! Check out John's guns when he is skiing! Looks like one of the "boys". What a beautiful family! Get's me excited to post our Lake Powell trip!
I love your pictures!!! It's so fun to see you skiing. The picture of John in his shirt is one of my favorites. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time and survived the heat. Libby looks darling on the tube with Tanner and Marshal!
Wow -- sounds like you are all having a fun summer! Great photos of the water-skiing and Libby and her brothers look so sweet together! Hate to think of all the laundry that must need to be done --have a great week!
Janet
Wow! GREAT pictures! So many good ones! Your family is beautiful in every way.
So much fun Erin! We are headed to McCall this coming weekend! The pictures of all the boys is fantastic! Family vacations are so fun. Glad you had a great time.
What a wonderful summer-great photos. I love the last one of your husband's shirt-a great tribute to your son. To vacation with girlfriends and kids is the best! You need to post photos of that adventure. Your boys showing "their guns" cracked me up because my boys do that also..and they are so cute...I think I remember you saying something about my daughter-your sons...hmmmm...something to think about =)=)=).
These are the greatest photos! Your family is beautiful!
I love all your pictures... especially the "guns"! Boys... Looks like ya'll had a blast. Can't wait to see the other pictures.
I love that last picture you added of all your boys!!!
Looks like a fun trip! We ought to meet at the spa;)
What great pictures!!! It looks like a great time together! I also love the last picture of all of the boys!
Post a Comment