"The world knows little about
it's greatest heroes."
~Dan Zadra
We love you John! You are the kind of father any child would hope to have. Your strength and perserverence has seen us through the darkest of days, and your hopeful nature has helped us find joy. You are our "Go-To Guy". Thank you for always wanting to spend time with us. For being fun. For mowing the lawn, even though you really shouldn't have to anymore. (And thank you for wearing those 20 year old ginormous glasses when you do--- to protect your eyes from flying debris. We especially like it when you wear those. We laugh ourselves silly!) Thank you for making us laugh. For folding laundry, bathing Libby, washing dishes. For teaching the boys what it means to be a man, and for giving Libby the best of examples of what a husband and father should be. Thank you for working so very hard to give us the abundant life we enjoy. We feel safe under your watch, and secure in your love. Thank you for your prayers to our Father in Heaven for our family. For your utter devotion to all of us. We are very blessed indeed, to have you!


15 comments:
Happy Father's Day! You are a lucky family.
Happy Father's Day uncle John! What beautiful words and truth to what you wrote Erin! I love this picture!!!
Because of your post im crawling BACK into bed with my husband. Long story.Thank you so much. I really am a lucky woman this fathers day. lol Sometimes we just need an eye opener.
Perfect tributes to John, who we think is awesome, and to your dad.
What a lovely, dignified tribute to man that so obviously deserves just such accolades.
I hope this day found you happy and peaceful...
What a wonderful tribute to your husband! We are so blessed!
What a beautiful tribute. How lucky (and deserving) you and your children are to have a dad like that!
Sweet tribute.
Just sweet. :)
Erin, I'm just getting caught up on your most recent posts and wanted to tell you what a beautiful tribute you posted about your husband and your dad. God has blessed you with strong loving men in your life.
I pray God will give you a peace beyond all understanding in marking James' anniversary. I believe that James and your dad are taking good care of each other up in heaven. James' shoes will always be a wonderful way to remember the journey your beautiful son traveled while on this earth.
You're in my thoughts and prayers.
And so handsome too!!!
I know I am a little late, but Happy Father's Day John!
You have a beautiful blog. I hope that your family had a wonderful Father's Day.
What a handsome and sweet fella you have there:)
What a great guy! I really admire him just from reading about him!
Post a Comment