May 9, 2008

{NeSTiNg}

IMG_3678


This little nest is in a tall topiary right outside our back door. The first morning I noticed it, it was empty. Libby & I peeked in the next day, and there was one tiny egg. The next day... two eggs, and today three! Libby is so happy about it, and keeps asking to see if the babies have arrived. The mother bird is quite calm about the commotion of children around her nest. I have loved birds since I was just a little girl, always searching the yard for nests. And now Libby loves them too. My sister Ruthanne used to make huge nests out of leaves, and my brother Kent, and sister Lyssa and I would play like we were her baby birds. Libby just loves to play "baby bird" now, and gets her big brothers to play along. At the dinner table, when J.W. asked her, "Libby, can you say the prayer?" She answered, "I'm not Libby, I'm a baby bird!" He responded, "O.K. baby bird, can you say the prayer?" She bowed her head, flapped her arms, and said "Tweet, tweet!"

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh I love little nests as well. That is just so precious, those tiny little eggs! Libby is so funny! Or should I say Little Bird!

laurel said...

HOw lucky for you and your little baby bird! I love nest too. We have one in our vine that crosses the front of our house. The nest is in front of Maylin's window. We can hardly see it at all, but we can hear the birds. We wish we had a view like you do! Keep us updated on the growth.

Kate said...

What a lovely picture of the eggs in the nest...and such a sweet story about your Libby. She just sounds as dear as she can be. She must keep you all in stitches!!

Tanner and his prom date look so much the picture of youth and innocence...so full of life and happy. It is so nice to see your famiily celebrate these happy times.

Glad to see some posts....how's your garden?? We had a hungry little rabbit eat the flowers out of the pot on our front porch...not having the best luck here!! :-)

jennifer said...

So cute. You know God loved that prayer!

Dawn said...

I too have a nest right outside my front door. I have had so much fun watching the number of eggs grwo everyday!! 5 in our nest!!

3 Peanuts said...

So cute. We have two in the ferns on our front porch now (and every year).