May 9, 2008

{ProM}

Tanner went to his last Prom last weekend. He looked so handsome, and his date, Steph, is such a beauty, inside and out.




I felt a little teary taking these pictures... Tanner has been so easy to see through High School. In spite of the pain of losing his brother, he has maintained a sense of joy and has honestly loved High School. I know that he will remember these days with fondness. I have so much gratitude for that, as I have struggled watching our children endure so much sorrow. We won't have any more proms in our family for four more years. I have sent a son to prom every year for the last six years. It is a wonderful tradition, I think. And really, what could be cuter to a mother, than seeing her son in a tuxedo, or (in 13 years for me) her daughter in a formal? So far, I have just loved being a mother to teenagers!


12 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh what a beautiful young couple! You already know how I feel about Prom so you know I am ooohing and ahhhing over here! Tanner is so handsome, I think he really looks alot like you. Your home is beautiful by the way, love the topiaries! Be strong Mom, this has to be a tough time for mothers! Best wishes to him in his future!

Susan said...

Wonderful pictures! You can see the kindness in both their eyes. Wonder what the future holds for this sweet couple? :)

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is beautiful and your blog is amazing. I am so glad I found you here!!! I look forward to reading your older post!!!

Happy Mothers Day,

Krista

Kim said...

Tanner looks so handsome - they make quite the couple. My Justin will be heading to prom in 2 weeks. I've been feeling the tug on the heart these past few weeks as the end of high school nears. I'll be sure to post photos as well. You know we'll have to keep blogging for another 13 years so we can post photos of our girls attending their prom - LOL.

Enjoy the days ahead!

laurel said...

What a darling couple! Love her dress!!! I am sure it will be hard to take a break from proms. My sister is in a situation like you and it she has really missed it. It becomes a part of your life. Happy Mother's Day.

The Kemps said...

Tanner looks so handsome! Proms are unforgettable. His date looks like a darling girl, I bet they had lots of fun! Darling pictures!!!

Circe said...

I love the prom pics and the baby bird story. I don't know which one is more adorable! I'm glad you have found teenagers so much fun. Keep saying stuff like that...I'm scared! My oldest is almost 11, and I feel like we're entering uncharted waters! So thanks for the reassurance!

Ronda said...

They are so cute together. I love the dress-beautiful and modest (my Madison wore the same one in black). Hope they had fun-kids grow up to fast so I understand the teary eyes.

Lori said...

Proms are such fun! Gorgeous pictures of these two!!

Lori said...

ps Tanner sounds like a special and brave young man and you should be so proud. I love reading that you've loved being the mother to your teenagers~ it's so refreshing. :)
I will be back to read this post often~ thank you. :)

Kim said...

I love Steph's dress...so lovely and modest which is not always seen at the proms!

3 Peanuts said...

They are an adorable couple. I am glad that Tanner has done so well. My 11 year old is starting to get moody and I was worrying about the years ahead.

Kim