When John & I were discussing adoption, I confided in my dear friend Carrie this hope and prayer of mine. She surprised me by saying that she too, had been feeling a pull to adopt a child! Several months later (in January, 2005), during the same week, John & I and Corey & Carrie submitted our applications to the same adoption agency. Bowen and Libby were born two weeks apart... he in Guatemala, and she in China. Bowen came home in August, 2005, and Libby came home in June, 2006. We live on the same street. Other dear friends of ours, Deb & Dean, (they live 2 blocks away) brought their two girls Addie and Cami home from Ethiopia in November, 2007. Their youngest, Cami, is four days younger than Libby. (I'll post pictures of them soon!) These children are so adorable together. Libby and Bowen love to play, and get along perfectly. Bowen stopped by with one of his older sisters and friends the other day. Libby is just giddy about them!
Bowen with his sweet "big" sister, Sophie,
and our darling neighbors
Megan and Maddie.
They are so kind to Bowen and Libby!
The picture of manhood!As I carried Libby into the house, she called over my shoulder, "Bowen, don't leave! Don't you want to take a bath with me?" ;)
I love you, Bo Bo! I really love you!











23 comments:
How darling and wonderful! I think it is great when so many other adopted children live by. We have 7 kids on our street. I really think diversity is good! Love Libby's outfit.
All of the children are so beautiful. Great post!
oh, how i miss these sweet faces! they are all growing up so fast. apparently sophie feels like bo bo is still a baby...i love how she is holding him:) he is as big as she is:)
Oh my, they are as sweet as honey!
Love the pictures and what little Libby said to BoBo! So sweet!
Jill
OH MY! Those are the cutest pictures! When you actually write out our story and read it, I have a hard time believing it myself..It's a dream, a dream come true! I have said it so many times before...We are so blessed!
Okay....I am supposed to be doing some kind of drudgery or what not, but I had to sneak a quick peek and see if all was well with your blog and pictures. I LOVE these photos of Libby Mei and Company. It is just so gratifying to watch them make friends and interact...I just never realized how special that aspect of parenting would be. It sounds like you have a wonderful neighborhood and good friends...who could ask for anything more???
Happy Saturday!
Kate (who is now slinking back into blog obscurity for a little while!!)
I just love adoption blessings!!! The smiles on all of their faces tell their story! By the way...Annabelle and Chloe have the same MJ outfit. Don't you just love it? :D
Adoption stories are just the greatest. I love reading and seeing God's work in action. Libby and Bo look like the greatest of friends - to sweet.
What a fun neighborhood and so special for Libby to grow up around other children adopted internationally-the kids are adorable (so is Libby's outfit-I had to do a close up on it to get a better look.) I always forget how GREEN it is in UT-how I miss that...although, I will be up there in 3 weeks to take it all in.
Oh, it is a wonderful United Nations group! Hopefully our children will grow up without prejudice and with peace and love towards everyone regardless of ethnicity. I love your post!
The prince and princess are adorable together! Wonder what the future holds for these special friends?? ;)
I clicked on your site from sheyes'... i am so sorry for you losing your beautiful boy. your daughter is blessed to have such a loving family. i have always wanted to adopt a little girl from china myself....
tara
What a beautiful family.
Thank you so much for sharing
love
Shawn (UK)
So adorable. I love Bowen's name too. Libby and he look like they belong together. i was just about to odre those MJ pant and was curious about size....Can you help me out? how do they run. Kate is usually a 2t in pants. I am guessing lIbby is little... Kate is not petitie.
Kim
Erin, thanks for your comments about food. We have tried lots of them..even the edamame beans. Em goes in spurts with a lot of these. She will eat them for a time and then just quit. Thanks for the IV advice. It helps! Hope you, Libby, and all your famly are well!
How sweet to have such great friends. They are adorable.
This is just too cute! Love all the great pictures.
What a sweet connection that you all share! Miss Libby looks absolutely adorable in her MJC!
Oh that is SO sweet~ how wonderful for them to have this friendship!
He reminds me of my little nephew, Ben. Check out my sisters blog, there is a link from my blog on the left side . It is called Meriblog or Mericlan I think.
Oh they are so cute together! Chloe and Libby need to play. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Libby's pants, she is always so stylin'
Erin,
I am so sorry about your pictures. I didn't realize they were still disappearing!! What a terrible thing to have to watch happen over time like that!!
Very frusrating I am sure. I almost want to cry for you!! I would be devastated...and in my totallly co-dependant ways, I am devastated for you!!
Sorry friend!!
Erin~
The day of your sweet James' passing has stayed in my mind, and I could not let today go buy without letting you know I was thinking of you and your family. I pray your day is full of wonderful memories of his wonderful life that he shared with you. I pray for a peace over you and your family today.
Blessings
Dawn
Post a Comment