April 6, 2008

{SuNDaY BruNcH}

Today was General Conference, one of two Sundays a year when our family can stay in our pajamas, and watch church on television! Our buddy Andrew (who didn't get the "p.j. memo"!) came by, and we had brunch together.

IMG_3440

IMG_3439

Kids & teenagers LOVE these!

And they only take about 5 minutes to prepare!


Sticky Buns

18 frozen dinner rolls

1 (3-ounce) package butterscotch pudding (not instant)

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1/2 cup melted butter


Arrange frozen rolls in a greased Bundt pan. Sprinkle pudding, brown sugar, and pecans over rolls. Drizzle butter over all. Loosely cover Bundt pan with plastic wrap and let rise about 12 hours (overnight). Remove plastic wrap. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Cool 5-10 minutes before inverting to a serving plate. Serve warm. Makes 18 rolls. ~Julie Badger Jensen


This is great for birthdays, Father's Day, etc., because it is set out the night before.

IMG_3442


Grammy's Quiche

3 eggs, beaten to lemon color

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 cup melted margarine

1/2 cup Bisquick

1 1/2 cups milk

1/8 tsp. dry mustard

1 cup chopped bacon (cooked, but not crisp) or ham

1 cup grated Swiss cheese

2 green onions, minced

Blend all but cheese and bacon. Add bacon and cheese, reserving some cheese to sprinkle on top. Pour in greased pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

This recipe has been on our family since I was a child. We all love it!



IMG_3447

We try to encourage the children to listen... and they do, for the most part. But of course, eventually, they get silly!

IMG_3448

IMG_3450

IMG_3452

Come as you are... as you can see, you needn't worry about fixing your hair!

18 comments:

Carrie said...

What a great day AND what a great conference! Couldn't we have more Sunday's like this!?

Kate said...

Erin,

What a nice way to spend Sunday morning! Your sticky buns look like ones my grandmother used to make...she called hers monkey bread!

The last picture of Libby's hair is my favorite...so sweet!

Kate

the meaklims said...

Awesome Recipes! Thanks!

...and what a beautiful family. You are so blessed. I enjoy reading your blogs.

Love, Jill

Dawn said...

What a fun twist on a Sunday morning routine!! The sticky buns sound so yummy...my boys would love these, and I would love to try the quiche...thanks for sharing!!

Susan said...

Oh what fun!! I think our family needs to start a tradition like that! I love the yummy recipes and will have to give them a try. Thanks for giving us a peek at your sweet day!

laurel said...

My mom use to make the sticky buns! I had forgotten about them. I loved them. Thanks for the reminder. We will be having them soon. ALso thanks for the other recipes. Love Libby's bed head. Hee Hee Hee

alison said...

Gotta love conference Sunday!! I'm going to have to give those recipe's a try - looks fabulous. Fun tradition.

3 Peanuts said...

Looks yummy! At first I though you were in my breakfast area. I truly was a little spooked. I have a Welsh dresser with withe plate too and my coffee hasn't yet sunk in:0)

Thank you for sharing your recipes! Love Libby's hair.

Circe said...

Adorable pictures of Libby on the last post! Happy birthday to Libby and James. Xanthe is gearing up for her birthday tomorrow. Today, I'm going to the store to buy ingredients for those sticky buns! I love your blog. It's nice to be able to keep in touch.

Lori said...

Haha, the hair is too funny! I didn't see you in your pj's!! :)
The quiche looks great~ I'll have to try that recipe! I have never heard of beating eggs until lemon color~ funny!
What a special family time!

Anonymous said...

I love Libby's hair! And her smile. The Quiche looked yummy. I have always wanted to try sticky buns too:) Thanks for the recipe.

Jodee said...

What a fun morning! Cute pictures. The quiche looks delicious!

jennifer said...

Those recipes look delicious! Love Libby's hair!

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Kemps said...

I love that Libby's hair looked like that (you should've seen mine and chloe's) I love confrence Sunday's. I can't wait to try those sticky buns- yum!!! Give our love to your family.

Susan said...

That is exactly what Anna's hair looks like when she gets up. So your blog is now the place to come for great recipies, cool!

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

I love General Conference Weekend! PJ church is the best! thanks for checking out our family site, we love the sticky buns, but mine never turn out so beautiful. You must be a great cook! Spencer got his mission call today! Los Angeles, California! He loves Disneyland and we have joked for years that he would have a difficult time serving anywhere near there because it would be too tempting. We are very excited. Looking forward to more recipes. Any traditions for missions you would like to share?

Leslie said...

Oh do those look delicious! I will have to give them a try! I am always collecting recipes from friends! I love the meeting in the pjs! Love the bed head!