Dear Libby...
You are three! I look at you, and I can hardly believe it all happened. We wanted you so badly for so long, and here you are. You have been through more in three years than it seems some people endure in a whole lifetime. Your joyful, loving, silly personality has seen you through it all. It has helped to see us through! Your mother and father in China gave you so many gifts... your beautiful almond eyes and honey-colored skin. Your shiny black hair. Your cute nose and pretty little hands. They gave you your charming, endearing ways. They, with heaven's help, made you for our family. And here you are, right where you belong. You complete us. You make us laugh every single day. There have been days when you were the only one who could. We are so very, very grateful for your life. We cannot wait to watch you grow!
Happy birthday, Libby! Our dear little girl. Our Mei Mei.
With Alicia & Dani
Libby thinks these girls are her cousins.
They are, in a way, as our families are distantly related. As Libby shares her birthday with James, we went to his grave. Having our dear friends meet us there was so meaningful to us!
J.W., Rachael, Marshall, Me, Libby, & John...
(Tanner was in San Francisco on a choir trip)
Doug & Karen, Dani & Ryan, Alicia, Eric, & Chad with our family.
Happy Birthday Libby! And Happy Birthday James...
we love you both with all our hearts!
~ Libby will be having a party in a few weeks... I had a difficult time on her birthday. It seemed that everything I did was a fiasco... her daisy cake collapsed into a heap of crumbs when we took it out of the oven (we had to buy a grocery store one... and since she is allergic to red dye, it was pretty droll looking) . I forgot to buy wrapping paper, and just generally did not do my best work. Hopefully, I can get my game back for her birthday party, which we are both looking forward to!
18 comments:
Happy Birthday to James and Libby. What a special bond Libby will always feel and have with her brother. I hope you are doing okay today. Sending my love.
Happy Birthday Libby and James!!! I'm glad it turned out to be a sunny day for your visit to James' grave. It is understandable that you were not on top of everything. Libby is adorable as well. She looks like she was meant to be in your family.
I have become quite attached to your blog. It just tugs at my heart. I guess it's because my son's are the same age and my daughter is 3, also from China. I have been thinking of you a lot lately and praying God will give you strength to endure these days and that His peace will fill your heart. I'm sure the days are bitter sweet. Don't be hard on yourself. Your posts are beautiful and filled with so much love.
I am sure it was a bitter sweet day for you. The cemetary is in the most beautiful location. Just breathtaking. My grandparents lived across the street from the town cemetary and I grew up riding my bike through there, we would always pay our respects to family and friends while we were there. I still have to visit the graves of my loved ones on a regular basis especially the holidays. It is a peaceful place for me. I appreciate that you all joined in together to honor James. How touching.
Happy Birthday to Libby! She is just beautiful, what a ray of sunshine she has been to your family. I can't wait to see what you create for her birthday! I am sure it will be precious. Give her a hug from us! I will email you with my address for the quilt square!
Happy Birthday, Libby and James!! I have not posted before, but I wanted to say I am so touched by the beauty of your family. Even to a compete stranger, I can tell your family handles life with such grace. I've really enjoyed reading about your journey to Libby and about your boys. You have beautiful children.
Casey (Mom to Liam and Emeili - Jiangxi Province)
What a beautiful letter to your sweet Libby! You have such a way with words. I love your honest and heartfelt writing.
Don't worry about her cake. You all, her family, are the sweet frosting in her life story! That is all she needs. She looks so happy!
Much love,
Lisa W. from Denver
God definitely had a plan when he place Libby in your family...but you already know this. Happy Birthday to your sweet son James...and your beautiful Libby. I love that the day was so beautiful for you. I lost my brother 6 years ago, and I think for me his birthday is harder than the day he passed away...your celebration for Libby will be so beautiful...I cant wait to see what you do!!
Blessings
Dawn
Happy Birthday - I love you XOXO BoBo
Erin,
Your post is heartbreaking and hopeful all in one. March 29th will always be such a bittersweet day for your family I am sure, but what an incredible red thread that led you to your beautiful Libby who would share the same birthday as her brother James. I feel your pain and yet, your incredible love and strength come out through your beautiful writing. What a lovely tribute to your two children. I am sure you will have a lovely party for Libby in a few weeks and I can hardly wait to see it!!
Kate
Happy birthday to both of your beautiful children. I am sorry it was a difficult day for you. Such sorrow and such joy all mixed into one day.... I am praying for you.
It all looks like a beautiful celebration of life from where I sit.
Kim
I can't believe she is three!!! I would love to hear her talk:) I love this last picture of Libby blowing out her candles. That little hat is just so sweet on her...how it frames that darling little face fringed with shiny black bangs. So sweet:)
Erin, my Dad passed away very unexpectedly on the very day Elizabeth was born in China. We didn't know this on the day of my Dad's passing, but found out the day we received our referral from China. It was bittersweet celebrating a birthday at the same time grieving and missing my Father so very much. I understand how difficult this must be for you. Happy Birthday sweet Libby, and happy birthday James.
Happy, Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday to your angels. I'm sorry it was a difficult day. How kind of your friends to celebrate with you. The cemetary has the most beautiful view~ I kept thinking "purple mountain majesty"!
Sending a special hug your way today. (hug)
I ran across your blog last month and was so excited to find it. I was actually in Salt Lake visting family when I saw your son, James' accident on the news. I was stunned and saddened to see the events unfold...I had just watched your family's journey to get Libby on My Adoption Website and my family was in the middle of paperchasing for our daughter, Ella. I have thought and prayed for your family so often since then. Libby has grown so much and is such a beautiful little girl. Your family is adorable and I look forward to seeing more posts. I wish you the greatest comfort and peace as time goes on. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives.
Ronda
P.S. Those recipes from Conference Sunday look delicious-I am printing them out.
That is so sweet! Happy birthday Libby Mei! She is such a beauty.
I think that is just so amazing that they share the same birthday!
Beautiful family in every way!!!
Post a Comment