March 29, 2008

{CopY AnyOne?}



scan0001%5B1%5D


Libby, inspired by Easter. drew this Easter egg all by herself! I was pretty impressed, and told her how wonderful I thought it was. I made a big to do about how much it looked like a real egg, and that I didn't know she could draw ovals. I left the den for a few minutes, and soon heard the rustling of papers. When I returned (& I swear I am not making this up!), I found Libby standing on an overturned garbage can, at the copier. She had turned it on, placed her beautiful drawing (plus a few other sundry items) on the glass, and printed out lots and lots of copies to share with all of her friends! She turned, grinning at me, and asked, "Do you want a copy?"

19 comments:

Circe said...

Erin, I was so happy to find your blog. I came home to find Scott reading it with tears streaming down his face. Thanks for sharing your heart...we love you and your family. Libby has grown so much! She's beautiful!

laurel said...

That is funny! Man she is smart.

Kate said...

THat is a great Easter Egg!!! Very artistic with all the colors! Just the very type of art I love! Sounds like you have an observant button pusher on your hands. I recognize that as I have one myself. They don't miss a trick! Very funny about the copier!

I was wondering if I could link your blog on my favorite blogs section? I LOVE your blog and your insights and I would love to share with others!

Happy Sunday!

Kate

Kim said...

I believe you have a budding artist! Isn't is scary how fast they learn by watching what we do? Way to cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Libby is a genius:) The egg did look too good not to makes copies to share!

Anonymous said...

I started reading your blog archives. I can't tell you how much it touched my heart to read about your dream of Libby, about James and how excited he was that Libby shared his birthday, how important that became just a few days after you brought her home, and about the tragedies and blessings that have come to your family in just a few years. You are right, anyone who has adopted a child feels a shared bond. Thank you for posting these blogs. Let's meet again:)

Carrie said...

Will they ever stop amazing us? What next...I for one would love a copy! Bo would cherish it! Happy Happy Birthday to Libby!

Susan said...

That is truley amazing! She is brilliant!

Leslie said...

So funny! I just realized that her birthday was this weekend! Hope she had a great day!

Dawn said...

What an artist!! And What a little Genius!!

The Kemps said...

Libby, so pretty! You are such an artist! Erin she reminds me of Chloe! Into everything, hard to get mad at because they're so cute, and so full of it. These girls need to get together and play.

Lori said...

Oh that is too funny!! I want a copy!! :)
She did a beautiful job and she should be proud!

Circe said...

PS Can I put you on our list of links, or no? Either way is fine, just thought I'd ask!

Sheri said...

This is just hysterical! She is one smart little girl--and talented, too.

Susan said...

Oh my!! Thats incredible. She most certainly has a gift!

Lori said...

Erin, thanks for your comment yesterday~ you and your groupies are just too sweet and you know how to make a girl feel good. :)

alison said...

that is the cutest thing ever. the best thing is, is that you will never forget it because you have documented it. so precious.

Yvette said...

That is a fantastic Easter Egg! I found your blog through Lori (a fellow groupie!) and I read through a few of your posts. Totally agree with the love of Chasing Fireflies (I don't know how they found me but I've been getting their catalogue) and the blog book sounds like a great idea. How do you do the photo collages? You have one for Easter, I believe?
Thanks for sharing your blog!

Yvette said...

Thanks Erin! I'm trying out the mosaic maker in another tab... waiting for uploads ;)

Thank you for your comment about our daughter! We are so very excited to meet her! Not too much longer to wait!