May 21, 2008

{LiBBy-iSMs}

I don't know if it is all the time Libby spends around adults... but she has picked up some pretty funny ways of expressing herself. Some recent examples:


Me: "Libby, you make me laugh every day! "
Libby: "I know, & it wears me out!"


I was in the other room, and heard her getting into a kitchen drawer. Here is our conversation:

Me: "What are you getting Libby?"

Libby:"Nuffing"

Me: "Do you have scissors?"

Libby: "No"

Me "Stamps?" (She uses postage stamps as stickers)

Libby: "No"

Me: "Tape?"

Libby: "No"

Me: "Pens?"

Libby :"I don't have nuffing crafty-ish!

In the car... I heard her talking about some sort of imaginary happening. She paused for effect, and said, "Mama? (she has taken to calling me 'mama')Did you hear that? I am telling you a story about when I was a little girl!"

This one was a doozer: At the market... after spotting a man with a MULLET (standing within 5 feet of me!)

Libby: "Mama, How do you feel about that man's hair?" (How do I feel?)

Me (whispering): "Mei, shhhh, we don't want to talk about people!

Libby (Louder): "That man, with the gray hair!"


Silly Libby words:
"Fun-cation" (vacation)
"Been-tastic" (fantastic)
"Mac-a-moni" & cheese"Up-scuse" me (excuse me)

Yup. She is three!

No comments: