March 12, 2008

{HaPPy BirTHdAY TanNeR!}

"You just can't stay seventeen forever."

~Steve Bolander, American Graffiti

Tanner will be turning 18 on March 23rd (Easter!) Because we have so much to celebrate at the same time, we had a little celebration early. A few of his buddies (including his biggest brother) shared a meal and went racing at an indoor go-cart track. We had so much fun!


IMG_2895

IMG_2871

IMG_2936

Make a wish, Tanner!


IMG_2898

IMG_2919

IMG_2914

IMG_2902

IMG_2923

12 comments:

Jodee said...

Happy Birthday, Tanner. Love the collage!

Kate said...

Oh....I just love that cake! What a fine young man Tanner seems to be. You must be so proud! What a great party...it looks like fun was had by all!

Anonymous said...

I love the cake. Did you make that Erin?
Happy Birthday Tanner! 18 is a great age!

Lisa, in Denver
(mother of Lily Lu and Jack)

laurel said...

Happy birthday. Love the cake. Did you make it Erin?

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Birthday Tanner! You look WAY TOO young to have an 18 year old!!!

Kim

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Tanner! Welcome to Adulthood! Looks like a fun time!

Erin said...

I did make the cake! I baked two round layers, stacked & frosted them, and then put ribbons around them. The letters are craft store stickers (Michaels) on bamboo skewers. That's it. And... I am definitely NOT way too young to have an 18 year old (though I might be a tad old to have an almost 3 year old!---I am 46). Thanks --- you MADE my day!

Sheri said...

Happy Birthday to Tanner! The cake is so neat -- thanks for the info. about how you made it. I'm impressed! :) Looks like the guys all had a great time celebrating.

Anna B. said...

Erin,

That cake is so fun! Did you make it? Funny I noticed that. I was kind of chastising myself for noticing itand then I saw that Lisa in Denver and kate LOVED it too. Now I just scrolled down and read that you DID make it. I think that is so great!! Can I copy it?

And a HUGE happy birthday to Tanner. Eighteen! Oh my goodness. How close in age was he to James?

Looks like the kids had a great time. And I agree with Kimber....you do look WAY TOO YOUNG to have such grown up young men in your house!

Have a happy Monday!
Anna

alison said...

what a handsome boy. loved the cake - you are so talented. i loved how you took pictures of the balloons and put them in your mosaic.

Susan said...

What a cool looking cake! Happy Birthday Tanner!

Carrie said...

Happy B-day Tanner! Crazy you are getting sooo old!!! Wow, Erin on the cake and pictures...so cute!
Carrie