This is very cathartic. I had never written any of these things down. I find it so helpful as a way to re-examine and sort out my feelings. I am a little worn out though, by the process. There is so much more to write about James... his funeral, and some of the many special things about him. Even some of the miracles & tender mercies that have come to us in our grief (One day, Libby picked up the phone, and said into it..."James? Are you in Heaven? Can you 'babysitter' me?"). But for now, I need to give those things a bit more thought. Also, I am searching for a few photos and videos that we have misplaced. I think I want to document some of the events between June 2006 and now. Libby's surgery, John William's homecoming, and other times, both sad & joyful. I would love to arrive very soon, at the present. So I will tuck some of these thoughts in my heart, and return to them as I am able... maybe continually over the course of my lifetime. The thing is... as a woman I know who lost a son told me, I'll walk through the rest of my life with our son's face always before me. I have told the boys that as our family moves forward, we never leave James behind... he always comes along with us.
February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am glad you are finding this healing. You are so right, James will never be left behind. How could he be? He is in you and your family. He is in your heart and a part of everything you do. Thanks for sharing your feelings with all of us. It has helped all of us too.
I think you are so brave to face all of these thoghts and feeling by writing. I know it will hlep you. I only found your blog a week or 2 ago and I think of you and your family often and pray for you each time I do.
Kim
Post a Comment