April 4, 2005-May 22, 2006: These images are the only glimpse we have into the first year of Libby's life. She was so little, so adorable, so helpless, and, although the conditions were spartan, we are quite sure that she was very loved. The woman holding up her finger & touching her nose, is Fa. She told us she found Libby at the gate of the orphanage on April 4, 2005. (Another person was named in the referral, I suspect maybe one of the directors). The other woman is Libby's nanny ("ayi"). Her name is Luo Xue Xia, & she slept in a bed in Libby's room. She has a son, who is now grown. It is hard to describe the bond I witnessed between she and Libby Mei. Libby literally leapt into her arms, squealing with joy, when we returned to Yiyang. Luo wept so hard when we left the orphanage. ( I cried so hard too... in fact, I was snorting). She kept a detailed journal of the year they spent together (in chinese, of course!) , and gave it to us... a rare gift that will bless Libby's life! These women are so dear to us... we will always think of them with such fondness and gratitude! (click on the speaker to hear the pretty music)
February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Erin, that is the sweetest! I have never seen those pictures and just loved seeing a little window of Libby's first year. AND, I think it's time for another blogging lesson..this one on HOW to make slide shows! I love it and watch it over and over again...AND with music! How fun!
How wonderful! What great phtots, You can really tell she was well loved.
Wow, a journal of her first year? That is very special! What a lucky and loved girl!
Tiffany
how priceless to have these pictures! Are these from when you sent cameras in the care package or did the SWI just do it? You can see that she was most definitely loved!
Lisa
Lisa... The orphanage director returned the camera to us with no pictures on it, and gave us a little photo album with several pictures. (They were VERY protective of any photos that might leave the CWI... not allowing us to photograph children at all). Then Luo gave us the very loving journal. Many of these photos were glued inside. I don't know how she managed to do this. When we went to the orphanage, Fa (who found Libby), ran and got the photos of she and Libby. My husband speaks mandarin, and so we were able to learn more than most parents, I think.
ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS! What caring women to take care of all those children. I am in awe! How blessed
Libby was to have them in her presence until mom and dad came.
LIV
You are so Lucky to have that journal. What an incredible gift.
Kim
That's amazing that you have a journal detailing your daughter's first year. What a treasure. It must be comforting to know that Libby was so loved. Thanks for sharing her finding ad too. When I received the newspaper with my daughter's finding ad I was overwhelmed by all the beautiful faces staring back at me. But it's the earliest photo I have of my daughter, so it's priceless to me.
I haven't seen alot of these pictures. You have some great ones!
Incredible!
I've sponsored three little girls at Yiyang through HTS :)
Post a Comment