James, Marshall, & Tanner stayed home with their cute cousin Liz (who took these pictures!) & her husband, Parker. Their son Jackson kept the boys laughing, and baby Chloe got them ready for a sister!
They ran through the fountain at the mall (James in blue shirt, Marshall in red, Jackson in orange)...
These photographs are now so precious to us! They give us a glimpse into how our sons spent their days while we were gone. James, while playing rugby, bumped into another player, and was hurt badly (thus, the black eye). Many of our family members & friends came to be with him, and check on him. We tried and tried to phone home, after getting an e-mail about his injury, but couldn't get through. When we finally did, James answered the phone. We were so happy to hear his voice, and he was so happy to be the first (& only) to talk to Libby on the phone! He expressed how grateful he was to have so many people who cared about him. John and I remarked to one another (after reading a subsequent e-mail from him), that he had, while we were gone, become a man! Here is part of an e-mail that Liz sent:
Dear John, Erin, and Libby,
Hi! I just wanted to let you know what has been going on here at home. James, Tanner and Marshall have all been so fun to be with! Jackson and Chloe LOVE them all.
James went to one class on Thursday and all of them on Friday, he is looking better (green instead of purple) and SO MANY people from your ward have brought him treats and have called. There was really a tremendous outpour of love for all of us this last week, what a WONDERFUL ward you have!!! While he was home he got SO MUCH homework done! He has a checkup on Tuesday afternoon and Grammy is going to take him.
Tanner has been playing his guitar for us and I can't believe how amazing he is. He went to the Brighton girl's soccer state final yesterday and swimming after. He helped me mow the lawn on Monday and impressed me by his willingness to work until the job was done (James was still in bed and sick). He also helped me clean up the doggy do-do early Monday morning before school, he is always so quick to help with anything. He went with John's Dad to St. George and is flying home on Monday. I know that you hadn't made a decision whether or not he should go, but he and I talked before he left and we both felt good about the decision to have him go.
Marshall is so much fun to have around. His morning ritual of getting up before anyone, eating cheerios, watching saved by the bell, making his lunch, and then using the restroom (with newspaper in hand) cracks me up every morning. He was in 3 or 4 different skits for 6th grade election last week and he had MANY rehearsals. It is very easy to see that everyone just loves him. He ended up missing drums last Tuesday, but it was my fault too, I hadn't checked the schedule that afternoon and he had a skit that he was VERY excited to practice. I'm sorry! He has soccer tryouts on Tuesday and we will make it to drums!!!
Today James, Marshall, Jackson and I had a date! We went to lunch at Cafe Rio and then to the movie "over the hedge" (which Marshall has now seen twice) it was really fun!!! Chloe took her nap at Grammy's while we were gone.
The boys are always SO excited to check the web site and we always print off the pictures and story for the day and leave it on the counter so that anyone who comes over can see. I keep telling them that Chloe is getting them ready for Libby :) They're all so cute with her! Chloe can say Libby, it sounds kind of like Lilly sometimes, but she's getting it.
I just want to thank you both for asking me to stay here with your kids. We've had a lot of fun together and it's nice for me to get to know them a little bit better. I am so impressed with how self motivated they are! They have done very well with all of their school work and jobs. My kids are having so much fun with all your boys. And we are all so excited to see beautiful little Libby in person. Everyone is doing really good and helping out a ton. I know they all miss you, but are looking forward to hearing all about your adventures, seeing your pictures, and meeting their new and beautiful little sister! We all love you and wish you well with the rest of your trip. Much Love, Liz
Hi! I just wanted to let you know what has been going on here at home. James, Tanner and Marshall have all been so fun to be with! Jackson and Chloe LOVE them all.
James went to one class on Thursday and all of them on Friday, he is looking better (green instead of purple) and SO MANY people from your ward have brought him treats and have called. There was really a tremendous outpour of love for all of us this last week, what a WONDERFUL ward you have!!! While he was home he got SO MUCH homework done! He has a checkup on Tuesday afternoon and Grammy is going to take him.
Tanner has been playing his guitar for us and I can't believe how amazing he is. He went to the Brighton girl's soccer state final yesterday and swimming after. He helped me mow the lawn on Monday and impressed me by his willingness to work until the job was done (James was still in bed and sick). He also helped me clean up the doggy do-do early Monday morning before school, he is always so quick to help with anything. He went with John's Dad to St. George and is flying home on Monday. I know that you hadn't made a decision whether or not he should go, but he and I talked before he left and we both felt good about the decision to have him go.
Marshall is so much fun to have around. His morning ritual of getting up before anyone, eating cheerios, watching saved by the bell, making his lunch, and then using the restroom (with newspaper in hand) cracks me up every morning. He was in 3 or 4 different skits for 6th grade election last week and he had MANY rehearsals. It is very easy to see that everyone just loves him. He ended up missing drums last Tuesday, but it was my fault too, I hadn't checked the schedule that afternoon and he had a skit that he was VERY excited to practice. I'm sorry! He has soccer tryouts on Tuesday and we will make it to drums!!!
Today James, Marshall, Jackson and I had a date! We went to lunch at Cafe Rio and then to the movie "over the hedge" (which Marshall has now seen twice) it was really fun!!! Chloe took her nap at Grammy's while we were gone.
The boys are always SO excited to check the web site and we always print off the pictures and story for the day and leave it on the counter so that anyone who comes over can see. I keep telling them that Chloe is getting them ready for Libby :) They're all so cute with her! Chloe can say Libby, it sounds kind of like Lilly sometimes, but she's getting it.
I just want to thank you both for asking me to stay here with your kids. We've had a lot of fun together and it's nice for me to get to know them a little bit better. I am so impressed with how self motivated they are! They have done very well with all of their school work and jobs. My kids are having so much fun with all your boys. And we are all so excited to see beautiful little Libby in person. Everyone is doing really good and helping out a ton. I know they all miss you, but are looking forward to hearing all about your adventures, seeing your pictures, and meeting their new and beautiful little sister! We all love you and wish you well with the rest of your trip. Much Love, Liz















5 comments:
What an incredible family you have, such amazing, sweet and loving boys. You are so blessed! How wonderful to have such a great vision and account of what they did while you were in China! Love you all your kids!
what a compliment to you and John as parents, you have done (are doing) such an amazing job with your children. it is my dream to have someone stay with my kids and have them behave so wonderfully while away, pass some tips my way:) thanks for sharing this.
What an amazing gift. I love seeing the "behind the scene" look at how your family did while you were gone. How wonderful that you had someone document it for you! I can only imagine how special these photos are to you.
How wonderful! Its great to have family support and help. I am sure you are so glad to have the photos and email.
Also, is your son home from his mission yet?
Post a Comment