January 17, 2008

{HaRd tO FaCe}

As I look back at these photos of our journey to China, it brings back such beautiful memories. We were so happy, and felt more complete than we had ever felt as a family. Part of the magic of this time, was the feeling that we had followed our hearts...we had listened to the still, small voice inside. And then, (it seemed--though in reality we had waited interminably) one fine day, we found ourselves in China. With, we thought, the cutest baby girl in the world! And she was ours. To keep! We could hardly comprehend our good fortune. We were so in love with Libby. She was, we knew the instant we met her, everything we could ever hope to have in a daughter. And, as every parent knows, when you bring a child into your family, it only makes you love all of your other children even more than you did before. It was such a sacred, spiritual time, filled with the anticipation of seeing our much-loved & very missed sons again, and introducing them to their dear little sister. I knew they would love her with all of their hearts (I was right!). It has taken me until now to record our story, because my heart is so raw... remembering what happened next. The joy that we felt in China can seem almost painful when I remember how innocent we were to what was to follow. I have come to our last day in China. Though it was surely one of my life's happiest days, I almost dread recording the memory of it...

6 comments:

laurel said...

My heart goes out to you.

Anonymous said...

Much Love!

Eliza2006 said...

You have a gift for writing, Erin. Losing a family member is very difficult...I know from personal experience.

Tiffany

Carrie said...

Here we go, you are so strong! It is both joyful and difficult watching you relive these memories. I love you!

Leslie said...

Bless your heart, you have been through so much. I pray that you get the strength you need to get through this.

alison said...

thank you for sharing these feelings so close to your heart. i have learned so much from you and your sweet family. I can't tell you how often i think of you and admire your strength and grace. love you.