January 20, 2008

{ChInA: MaY 3o, 20o7...oUr LaSt DaY}

"...I give you my hand!
I give you my love
more precious than money...
Will you give me yourself?
Will you come travel with me?
Shall we stick by each other as
long as we live?"
---Walt Whitman




IMG_0373

IMG_0377

8

IMG_0382

IMG_0407

"China Sisters"...

Xanthe, Katie, Abby, Mayia, McKinley, Carissa, Libby, & Stefanie

{Xanthe, Mayia, Carrissa, Stefanie, & Libby} all spent the first year of their lives together at the YiYang Children's Welfare Institute. {Katie, Abby, & McKinley} lived at the Xiangying Social Welfare Institute.



Our "Travel Mates"...

IMG_0378

Diana, Jon, & baby Stefanie

[Photo Missing]

Circe, Scott, & baby Xanthe

IMG_0391

Scott, Miriam, baby Carissa, & big sister Eliana

IMG_0395

Deb, John, baby Mayia, & big sister Sofia

IMG_0396

June, Joe, & baby Katie

IMG_0400

Marna, Pete, big sister Madison, & baby McKinley

(I somehow left China without a photo of Courtney, Tim, & baby Abby, and their dear friend Kathryn, who accompanied them)

IMG_0462

Our sweet facilitator, Judy Wu

IMG_0445

IMG_0455

2 comments:

laurel said...

Wow! I am so excited! We had Judy Wu as our facilitator too! We loved her. We were with her two weeks and she helped us through all the horrible, heartbreaking issues we had there. She was absolutely amazing. We loved her. I love the red couch! What fun memories. You look beautiful in the pictures Erin.

Eliza2006 said...

You and Libby look so pretty in pink!

Tiffany