July 12, 2009

{ThiS LaNd iS YoUr LanD, ThiS LaND Is mY lanD...SaN FraNciSco, 2oo9]}

...From the Redwood Forest, to the Gulf Stream waters! Our trip to San Francisco was so much fun! We stayed with John's sister and her family (in their fabulous guest house!!) John's entire family was there, and we just loved spending time together! We did so many things:

Canoeing in the Kelp Beds in Monterey Bay!! Sea Lions bumping into the canoes! And the little Sea Otters wrap up in the kelp, using it as an "anchor" as they take a floating nap.
IMG_0280

First, a little practice with the instructor:
Marshall gives me the stink-eye! (Can you read his mind?)
IMG_0309

Grandma, however, listens attentively.
She always wants to be fully prepared to have fun!!
IMG_0329

Then it was time to load up the canoes!!
IMG_0359

IMG_0365

IMG_0372

Grandpa gets a kick out of this!!
IMG_0335

And Libby Mei is in heaven! Family
and the ocean!
IMG_0316

We stopped in at the Monterey Bay Aquarium...
IMG_0429

This "plant" is really a seahorse!
IMG_0435

We rode a rickety steam engine through the Redwoods...
IMG_0479

IMG_0537

IMG_0565

IMG_0540

Uncle Tom loves Libby... and she loves him too!
IMG_0467

Libby & JW
IMG_0541

We headed to the wharf...
IMG_0181

IMG_0133

Cousins! Lexi & Libby...
IMG_0214

IMG_0177

IMG_0115

We loved our time together in San Francisco! It was a dream vacation, and I cried when we left. Late nights eating barbecued steaks and shrimp, talking and laughing in the moonlight, cousins picking right up where they left off. It was truly wonderful. Thank you Mary and Tom, for sharing your abundant life and your cozy and fun home with us! We hope to see you all soon!

(Many of my photos didn't turn out... a casualty of trying to shoot almost exclusively in manual. But I know that is the only way I can learn. ;)

12 comments:

Jboo said...

What a great time! Beautiful photos Erin! Family vacations are the best!

Janet

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Hi Erin, Thanks for checking in. I love your new update. We had our fingerprinting appt. today! We are crossing our fingers. This hurry up and wait is not easy. Take care!

Carrie said...

What a great vacation and great photos Erin! They really are amazing...I am in awe of how much you have learned about photography - you are AWEsome!
Carrie

Tonya Lloyd said...

Erin your pictures are always so beautiful! I love them. Looks like you had a great time.
Love you all

Casey said...

Oh... how I miss San Fran!! Looks like a wonderful time!!

Deb said...

Erin: Oh those photos are amazing! You are so talented. It looks to be and amazing time for family! So glad you had so much fun!

laurel said...

What a great trip! Love all your photos. You are good.

Jill said...

Great shots Erin!! Looks like you all had an incredible time! I just love family vacations!

3 Peanuts said...

Erin,

I think your photos are BEAUTIFUL. You are doing a GREAT job in manual. Your vacation looks fabulous!!!
I miss catching up with you...I was thinking of you the other day when Kate was palying with the doll toys you sent her:)

Eloise said...

How did I miss this post?! What a delightful trip you had! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time together. Your pictures are stunning. And that Libby on the beach... she is so adorable!

cotedetexas said...

that picutre of your daughter with the flower in her hair and the white dress is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. she is a real beauty!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!!!!! what a loving doll, you are so lucky to have her!!!!!!
thanks for your comment today, I loved it!!!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Just found your touching blog...and with a tear streaming down my cheek (as I read about your beautiful boy) I smile with and for you!A beautiful trip and family you have.

We, too, have a Libby (Olivia Mae) named Libby by her three older brothers who could not pronounce the v of Livvie). Libby wears the same clothes that my Libby used to wear (she is 14 now).

Thanks for the beauty!