"...Git ready for a spit-lickin' good time"
~Huck Finn, The Adventures of Huck Finn~
Libby & I went to her preschool orientation today. Preschool starts next week, and she is pretty ramped up about it! (Here she is just before we walked out the door!) I didn't think she would let me leave her in the classroom with her teachers, Miss Julie & Miss Jessica, while I went to the parent meeting, but she waved me off without a second glance. I did sneak a look back to see her proudly show miss Julie her undies ;) On a side note--- today is literally the first day she has achieved potty training success, which--- due to her advanced age--- I naturally did not divulge to her preschool teachers. (Or many other people until now--- when her violin teacher asked her if she needed to go potty last week at her lesson, you should have seen the glance Libby & I shot each other! The answer, "Uh, no" must have sounded a little fishy) I am a notoriously dreadful potty-trainer---one of the boys was potty trained by his Aunt Heather. I just do not have the "constitution" for it. Honestly, these days it is just so much easier, what with the industrial strength moisture-wicking pull-ups (or "pole-ups", as Libby refers to them), to just wait, and wait, and wait until, well, until preschool is starting in 7 days. We tried a few times, but my heart just wasn't in it. And I think we all know how things go when Mama's heart isn't in it. So anyway, what they say about "potty training in one day"--- well, given the right set of circumstances, it is possible! Libby and I (well really just Libby) have just proven that theory. Yee-Haw! If things don't work out as well as today portends, and she regresses, I may have to sneak a contraband pull-up under her undies next Tuesday, but today I am feeling smug! So Grammy... Libby did herself proud today! Not one accident! (She'll be ringing you tommorrow to tell you all about it!)


28 comments:
What a great collage. Her personality just shines!
Darling picutres of Libby...and she does look so proud and pleased!!
The potty training story brought back so many memories....my first job out of college was as a nanny to a little boy that was just not easily trained...and I used to have to take his "pole up" off for the two hour pre-school class...and hope for the best. I am pretty sure Jack and I shared a few meaningful glances from time to time...so I got that!!! So funny how they just KNOW!
I am so proud of Libby and I am sure she will enjoy smashing success in preschool and in the bathroom!!!
What a cute outfit and post! We're dealing with the same issues over here. We have a little over a week to stop having potty accidents. Hannah just waits to long and then when she starts to have an accident she realizes she needs to go, but panties are already wet. Her strong will doesn't help in this situation when she refuses to go before we have the accident.
I just might have to try that idea of the panties over the pull-up :)
Have a wonderfu pre-school year! How are those violin lessons coming?
Erin, That's hysterical!! 5 kids and you don't have the constitution for potty training! I love it!! High fives for Libby and I hope she has a blast at preschool.
OH, my goodness! When I saw those pictures, I got a flash of Libby as a teenager! She looks adorable. And, congratulations on the One Day Potty Training! "Ya just gotta wanna"! Love, Aunt Ruthanne
She looks adorable! Potty training is the worst!! I don't look forward to doing that again.
She looks adorable in these pictures! Hurrah for the potty training! Anna still has accidents when she can't hold it and we aren't by the potty. It makes me want to put her in pull up's for errands.
Congrats to Libby!!! I agree that pull-ups are made for a reason. Life is too short to be too intense about potty training...unless their ready to start school:)
Love the pigtails sticking straight up-compliments the outfit (I learned from my 18 year old daughter...hair should always match an outfit =). Good luck with the potty training...Ella was not potty trained when we picked her up in China at the age of four. I understand all about the industrial strength "pole-ups."
oh yes!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!
i'm in the thick of 'IT' too and failing miserably!!!!
oh well, another ay tomorrow
hope all goes well
xxx
s
Erin,
I'm back...I just wanted to say how nice it is to see your old blog up and running! I was so sad when you lost your photos and your blog design. All is right with the world now. I will sleep better tonight, friend!!
Kate
Hooray for Libby and Mom! Don't worry...I've been struggling with Xanthe for almost a year now, with some huge breaks in between attempts. The kid just had some weird hang-ups from her early days! The one thing that might help at preschool is that she can literally hold it ALL DAY if she wants to. IF she wants to! Good luck!
Oh this was too funny Erin! First, her pictures are so adorable and she looks like a crazy, fun little girl and how wonderfully she must fit in around your house! lol (love the poses!)
I'm so glad to hear her preschool experience was happy for her! She'll just continue to blossom!
I so get what you're saying about potty training and boy could I share some stories!! It's such a relief when it's all said and done! :D
The outfit, the attitude, the "bean sprouts", the big girl panties and those dimples! This is a girl on a mission! I love her! These pictures gave me a little glance into Libby grown up! Watch out, I think you have a spicy one on your hands!
What great pictures of Libby! She is so cute and looks so ready and excited for preschool. Adorable outfit! Can't wait to hear about how preschool goes for her.
Thanks for visiting my blog -- would it be ok if I list yours under my favorites?
Janet
Oh, yea, It's awesome to see your blog made over again! I love the set up and everything about it! James' pictures is perfect!
Congrats to both of you!!! That is a big deal! She looks so cute in her outfit. Darling personality. Maylin says to tell Libby hi!
That little girl is so darn cute!
Congrats on the potty training. I hate it too. I just dread Sarah's (my last and final time :-) turn. Even though she just turned 2.5, I think we will wait a couple more months-her speech is so behind that I think it would be immensely difficult right now.
Preschool...what a wonderful adventure for Libby (and you)!!!
Have a happy Labor Day Weekend.
Love,
Anna
Darling pictures Erin!!! I LOVE that outfit. I have to admit how grateful I am to Lucy's SWI that they had her all potty trained for me.
Have fun at Pre-school Libby!!
P.S. So glad to see your blog back to it's beautiful Self!! Love the picture of your James...so handsome.
Hugs
Congrats on the potty training! Love the collage of Libby in her adorable outfit and ponytails. Sounds like she's going to love preschool! Good luck next week letting your baby grow up and become a preschooler -- I'm having a little trouble with that myself. :)
What great pictures! We had our first day at preschool recently we were also amazed at how easily Sydney kissed us goodbye and joined the class. Sniff. Sniff.
Erin I needed to hear this post! We have had to give up our position in preschool due to my inability to get Myah potty trained. We just aren't "getting it". Thanks for giving me hope!
Good luck to Libby !!! She is so adorable!
Sounds like my home with my 2 1/2 year old son. He would STRIP down just to go potty. I was like uh-no he can't at preschool. It is for only a couple of hours a week but he can not walk around the bathroom holding all his clothes in his hands in the little boys room. LOL. Wendy
Way to go..Libby!!!! She looks as cute as can be in that outfit!!!! Sassy is what comes to mind. Hope the first day went well.
Kim
She looks so cute. I'm so glad the potty training thing is working out...potty training is the hardest thing I have done so far with my kids as they go through their stages (of course my oldest is 7) but I say three cheers for Libby and Erin too.
She is adorable. I dislike potty training myself, and hope my Jane will do train herself ;).
Erin, beautiful collage!
Post a Comment