August 20, 2008

{AuTuMn}

"The heart of autumn
must have broken here,
and poured out it's treasure
upon the leaves."
~Charlotte Flake Bates
IMG_5500
It is almost here!
We are busy getting ready for school---College, Middle School, & Preschool! John William is recuperating (slowly) from his second surgery in 9 months (after a lifetime of being hale and hearty, he has had to overcome a few health problems--- and I must say, it has been very rough on him!), and we are trying to get some semblance of order around this place... after a very busy and fun summer. The carpets and windows needed cleaning, the closets are in a bit of a heap, and I am feeling anxious to get all in order before my very favorite season is upon us. I truly can't wait!

14 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Autumn always makes me want to redo and reorganize. It must be the innate "nature" in us that makes us want to get ready for the coming long cold winter nights.... Windows??? Just looked at mine and realize I must do the windows too.

Lisa

Anna B. said...

Oh Erin, how I love autumn too. I love the colors, the cool air, the football, the fun, the optimism in the air.....aahh....I am ready!

Kate said...

I so love fall too Erin!!! Even though it is back to work for me, it still remains my favorite time of year...and I am always in nesting mode too this time of year!!

Just another thing we have in common! :-)

Kate

Jboo said...

Sounds like you are busy getting ready for all the school! Isn't it fun to have one in college and one in preschool!!

Hope your patient is feeling better soon.

Add me to the list of people who really need to wash windows and clean closets! Take care.

Janet

Eloise said...

What a beautiful quote!

I love fall too, although it usually takes a while in Texas before it feels like autumn is really here. We're enjoying a blessedly wonderful cool snap here this week. I wouldn't mind skipping the rest of our summer weather and sliding right on into fall!

Anonymous said...

I also love Autumn, but it brings kind of a sad feeling as well. I love the leaves and the fall air and the crisp days..but it all leads to winter! Good luck with school starting...college to preschool.wow!

laurel said...

I have been thinking of him and hoping you would put up an update. I am glad things went well. How did the "block" go rather than anestesia? I am assuming well since you didn't mention anything. I am glad you posted...I've been nervous. Give him our love and well wishes. I hope you are doing well. May you find some relaxation as you enjoy fall! Aren't the seasons great!

Lori said...

Erin, I love Autumn too and all that comes with it! I hope you get done all that you need to! Feel free to copy my meal plan, it's been working great as I told you in my email...it would be one thing less for you to organize! lol
I hope John William is back to his hearty, healthy self soon!
Enjoy your favorite season...gorgeous picture!

The Kemps said...

Three cheers for school and a little cooler weather. I love cleaning and getting rid of things before school time, it makes me feel so organized :) I hope that JW is feeling better soon.

Sheri said...

I'm just catching up with my blog friends after being on vacation, and I can't believe how fast this summer went by. Looks like you had some wonderful times together this summer. I hope that John William is feeling better very soon.

Anonymous said...

If you have time, please lookup adailyscoop.blogspot.com
This dear family lost their 14 month old in june in a drowning accident, and she talks openly about her grief and faith on her blog.
My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I lost my brother James six years ago this July. He was 19 yrs old. I can't believe it has been that long already.

Lori said...

Hi Erin! I hope my email didn't overwhelm you with my "daughter-less woes"! lol
I sent you a little package yesterday in the mail, you should have it in a few days! I hope you had a great weekend and a great week ahead. :)

Melanie said...

I love Autumn. It reminds me of wool sweaters, crackling fires and football games. ( I am married to a jock!:)
So glad to be back!

Susan said...

yep here here! Autumn rules! I always try to 'rush' it along a bit.. perhaps after July 4th? lol.

Pumpkins, sweaters, fires, roasting marshmallows, frost, candles, turkey, snuggles under warm blankies, you name it.. Fall is knocking on the door! :)

Enjoy yours!