I am a "nester", and love to find special things for my family, my friends, my home, and myself. These are a few of my favorite things...

These beauties are wonderful for every holiday... I have collected quite a few of them. You can find them here. (Look under "Vintage Wall Art"-- I like the hanging ones for my porch, & the standing ones for my entry, side tables, kitchen, etc.)
Apothecary jars... they are so great for flour, sugar, & salt on the counter! I have them in my pantry storing noodles, rice, pretzels, etc. They hold lots of food (several bags of cookies, for instance... ) and needn't be labeled as the contents are obvious. I even have a 2 gallon one in my laundry room for powdered detergent. I don't think one of them---used daily by the seven members of our family, has ever broken. They can be found here.
Pewter is, to me, one of the very best accessories, because it never goes out of style and can be moved around anyplace. I have a few of these candlesticks purchased (or received as gifts from my husband) one at a time over many years. I love them! You can find them here.
I love this soap dish! It is so pretty & practical. It comes apart to be put in the dishwasher. A few years ago, I went with my Mom & sisters to the very factory (Burleighware) in England where they are made. We were so giddy, that I'm afraid we annoyed the people who worked there!
British magazines like this, with pictures like the one above, inspire me! I never tire of them, and think they are the perfect escape. I find them at large bookstores. (Needless to say, maybe I should have been born "across the pond"!)


12 comments:
Oh Erin I knew I loved you for good reason, you and I have very similar taste in favorite things. I love how you call yourself a nester, I feel the same way, I just started another blog at www.feathersinmynest.blogspot.com to have a place to express my favorites too! Let's plan a trip to England together! Love the jars too, I can't have enough of them, and topiaries, well, they are all over my house! Love your list! I need one of those soap dishes!
Well...I think all of YOUR favorite things are now my favorite things!!! :-) I love all of the things you have listed. I can't wait to see the post about little girl clothes...is that coming soon??? LOL!!
Your blog is lovely...so glad I stopped by. I just moved into a new house and I am having fun contemplating my decorating choices!
Have a wonderful Monday!!
Kate
Well I like those to- Although I also like the computer- But i love to decorate our house!!
Erin,
Leslie (Myah's Days) told me about your blog, and I'm so glad to find you again! She and I faithfully followed your journey to Libby on Myadoptionwebsite before we traveled to China ourselves. Leslie said that your family reminds her so much of ours -- older brothers (even one named James), little sister from China, and a daddy who's a doctor. I look forward to catching up on how Libby is doing and checking back often.
Sheri
Hi Erin~ thanks for the comment on my blog, I appreciate the kind words. :)
I love your favorite things~ they're all my favorites too! I use those jars in my kitchen and also for my laundry detergent! :D
I love plants and especially topiary and the British magz are my favorites. :)
Thanks for sharing your great taste and all your fabulous finds!
Erin, you have the BEST taste! I love how your house looks and all of these cute things.
Me too, me too! Your faves are some of my faves too! I can't wait to see you post about favorite girl's clothing. You have wonderful taste!
Tiffany
Beautiful! Love them. Thanks for sharing. I will be hitting all those sites.
I love all of your favorites too! Great taste!
Kim
Beautiful children and stunning blog!
You have been busy while I was gone...I LOVE everything you love - My house is so different than yours but I love the same little finishes and decor! Could you come and "finish" my house for me? You are so good at it!
Hi Erin,
I found your blog from your kind comment you left on Lori's.
I LOVE all your favorite things. I too have those jars in my kitchen. They move form the pantry to the counter,and back as I move things around.
I LoVE all the British magazines too, was just looking at one at Barnes and Noble today.
Thanks for sharing all your great finds...keep it coming!!
Post a Comment