December 27, 2007

{ChiNa: MaY 22, 2006...MeeTing LibbY MeI!}

“These are the days of miracle

and wonder” -Paul Simon

On the elevator at the Civil Affairs Office, I told John, "I think the babies will be waiting for us when we get off!" I could tell that he didn't think so, but he took out the video camera just in case. The first few moments of video are of the floor, as he stood there in awe. I wish I had taken a picture of HIS face! These are the photos I snapped when we stepped off the elevator. Libby Mei is on the right.


IMG_0009


IMG_0010


IMG_0011


I called "Ai Xin!" (pronounced "I sheen"), and the nanny holding her grinned and corrected me: "Xin Xin" (her nickname). Then she coaxed Libby to look toward me!



IMG_0012

After only a moment, we were led into the adjacent room to wait while all of the paperwork was checked. Then the babies came in, one by one. I felt, at this moment, exactly as I had when I had delivered each of our four sons... as though the veil of Heaven had been parted, and we were standing on the threshold peeking in.


IMG_0015




IMG_0016





IMG_0018

IMG_0024





IMG_0027

IMG_0056





IMG_0058















































































































































1 comment:

Susan said...

Isn't that the most amazing feeling?! After all of the waiting to finally get to see your babies face in person and actually hold her!