Since I found this site (I don't remember how I found it)--- a process that "slurps" a blog into a book which can be edited and formatted in many ways , I have become very excited about chronicling our family's lives. I want to go back a bit more and record important times. Then I can print out a book each year! Also, I can buy extra books for each child! (There is even an option to leave your book in the "bookstore" on the site, to buy more copies later) I think it is the very best way of "scrapbooking" that I have ever found. So much flexibility. Because Blogger uses labels, it would be a snap to make a book about a vacation, a little 8x8" book about a graduation, a family cookbook, a book for Father's Day--- a book for and about anything! Also, it is so easy with Blogger to go back and reorganize posts into chronological order (so it is easy to catch up by posting past and current photos/stories randomly) I really love the format of the books--- just simple and clean---preventing them from looking dated, and allowing the pictures & words to speak for themselves. (Remember the scrapbooks of the 80's, filled with stickers and die cuts?) Regardless of the background of a blog, just the photos and journal will be printed. I have finally found what I have been searching for--- an "easy" way to keep the history of our family!
March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Thank you for sharing this. I found it a few months ago too and I plan to do it as well. I agree that it seems much cleaner and simply than the old scrapbooking.
Kim
P.S. I forgot to metnion in the last post too that you are gorgeous and look WAY too young to have all of those lovely children!
Thank you so much for sharing this site! I've wondered if there was a way to print out a blog, but never looked into it. Thank you for doing the work for me! :)
Wow, this is so neat. I'm so glad you find, research and check out all these fun things for the rest of us. I am barely hanging on between kids, house and coming in and out of town. There will be a time that I want to do this for sure! Thanks for sharing! I love your blog!!!
I too want to do this, I have given up on the scrapbooks long ago. This is my scrapbook and it is so meaningful to me, so glad that someone came up with this great idea. Can't wait to see it when you are done!
I just had Sara re-vamp my site, and I came across your blog.
So Lovely!
What a beautiful family you have.
Kasey
You read my mind! I have been doing picaboo to do online scrapbooks. SO easy! But today we were talking about how to print off our blog to put in book form! Thanks for your answer to our question. You are a mind reader.
I've heard of this site before, and have been meaning to look into it. Their prices are pretty reasonable. Let me know if/when you do it and how the quality is! Thanks!
Tiffany
Post a Comment